No announcement yet.

Al Bernstein hates Abner Mares...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Bernstein hates Abner Mares...

He never has anything good to say about Abner, he hit moreno ON THE BELT LINE and he called it a low blow but then took it back when he saw the replay lol.. Anyone notice this?

he disgusted me last night...... I had to turn the sound off.
    His bias was some of the worst in recent memories

Comment

yep, a lot of fans think Mares was low blowing all night, people in attendance should share there thoughts, but in the post fight press reporters didnt mention much, seems like everybody saw a shutdown by Mares
      Last edited by TX_BOXNG; 11-11-2012, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Bernstein never acts that way, it was surprising. His disgust IMO was more towards the ref then Mares.

Comment

Al Bernstein has always been biased against Mexican and Mexican-American boxers. Max Kellerman is as well.

Comment

Mares is a dirty fighter, bernstein had a right to be critical

Comment

He was more pissed at the ref allowing such fouls and then also Mares for continuing to do it

This is not a first btw

Comment

Bernstein was a trip yesterday. Seems like he wanted Mares to lose he was very emotional. Dude probably in some financial problem and beted on the fight lol ala Juanma Lopez.

whatever the case extremely unprofessional and was disgusted by Bernstein uncontrollable emotions. reminds me of lampley in a worse way lol if that even possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                  Mares is a dirty fighter, bernstein had a right to be critical
                  Mares is a scrappy fighter..just like Bradley..

They use whatever advantage they can to win..they're not the fastest or the strongest..but they're gritty as hell..if the ref isn't warning or stopping them from doing it..it's fair game..

Bernstein was being overly critical..like the OP said..he cried low blow in the first damn round..until he saw the replay..he was dissecting Mares..and not calling out Moreno's pull downs or excessive holding at all..

Comment

I was really surprised when he reacted that way but he didn't necessarily react towards Mares more so the refs who need to do a better job during Mares fights. Either way bias on any network, human nature. I enjoy both.

Comment

Working...
                    X