Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd beats Martinez for the lineal MW title what does it do for his legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Floyd beats Martinez for the lineal MW title what does it do for his legacy?

Personally, I believe that if Floyd accomplished this feat it would make him at least a certified top 25 ATG and easily the best fighter of this generation imo. I've always thought that Martinez would beat Floyd, but after watching his fight this past weekend it would be 50/50 to me now.

A great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      A great deal.
      Where would you rank him all time after such a feat?

Comment

If he does that he would have something to boast about, but Floyd seems to put his opponents on pedestals and limits what he thinks he can achieve and im not sure Floyd would have the confidence to tackle Sergio at 154 right now, let alone 160.

The thing is if Floyd beats Sergio at 154, people will assume Sergio would have beat Floyd at 160 though. So it would be preferble for Floyd to beat Sergio at 160, so people assume Floyd would also win at 154. Killing 2 birds with one stone is the saying isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
          Where would you rank him all time after such a feat?
          Can't say.

Depends on the weight, and how he wins.

So many great fighters.

I try not to rank fighters until they retire.

Comment

He would be ranked above pacquiao.

It would do a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              If he does that he would have something to boast about, but Floyd seems to put his opponents on pedestals and limits what he thinks he can achieve and im not sure Floyd would have the confidence to tackle Sergio at 154 right now, let alone 160.

The thing is if Floyd beats Sergio at 154, people will assume Sergio would have beat Floyd at 160 though. So it would be preferble for Floyd to beat Sergio at 160, so people assume Floyd would also win at 154. Killing 2 birds with one stone is the saying isnt it?
              This was actually a fair point this maybe the best post from you that I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                He would be ranked above pacquiao.

It would do a lot.
                .......and Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                  .......and Hopkins
                  obviously..

Comment

Floyds already top 10 all time. The win would do nothing for him, the weight doesnt matter. The haters will continue to hate Mayweather no matter what, theres nothing he can do about that. The true boxing fans know the truth

Comment

Working...
                    X