No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Pacquiao Needs a KO To Secure His Top Spot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach: Pacquiao Needs a KO To Secure His Top Spot

According to Freddie Roach, trainer of Manny Pacquiao (54-4-2, 38KOs), his boxer is in desperate need of a knockout on December 8th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Pacquiao will face WBO junior welterweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez (54-6-1, 39KOs) for a fourth time. HBO pay-per-view will carry the event.

After three close and controversial endings, both boxers are going to pursue a knockout ending. Roach likes what he hears, because an aggressive fight will create more opportunities for Pacquiao to get a knockout. [Click Here To Read More]

Pretty much, I won't see Pac getting much credit for a 39 year old Marquez, it'd have to be by brutal KO to even get the slightest amount of credit from some people.

I wonder if this will break 1 mil, there seems to be hardly any hype for this at all.

Comment

Not to me, he doesn't. He whooped his opponent in his last fight. Just got robbed because he didn't get a KO. TBH it made me wanna see Pacquiao/Floyd even more because they've both slipped.

Comment

KO ?? With those two iron chins?? I don't think so Roach. Just a shut out lucky punch will bring a knock out victory. But i'm sure we'll see a great and exciting fight.

BETS ??

Comment

Pacs top spot left when Floyd came out retirement. Hes trying to stay in top 5 now, maybe top 10

Comment

There will not be a k.o. in this fight these two know each other too well.

Comment

I disagree with Roach on this one

Pac just needs to win by a wide decision

Marquez is a HOFer and Bradley was the beat at 140 so it ain't like Pac is fighting bums

So if you count the fight in December, Pac's last 3 fight will of all been against top 10 P4P fighters

Comment

Marquez has never been stopped and won't ever be atp in his career. If Pacquiao was going to knock Marquez out, it would have been in the second fight when Pacquiao was 28 and in his prime. Manny will be 34 and is at the end of his career and Marquez knows him too well to get knocked out now... same ish diff toliet...

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                  I disagree with Roach on this one

Pac just needs to win by a wide decision

Marquez is a HOFer and Bradley was the beat at 140 so it ain't like Pac is fighting bums

So if you count the fight in December, Pac's last 3 fight will of all been against top 10 P4P fighters
                  yeah i agree with that, but i honestly think if he is winning by a wide decision then he would be knocking him out.
                  gotta say though, not a huge fan of him, but andre ward is p4p #1 right now.
                  in the last couple years, he has easily beaten everyone he has faced, and those guys have all been the best at his weight class, on top of that he dominated dawson, he has been very impressive. ward has been much more dominating that both manny and floyd in the last couple years.

Comment

Roach is setting PAC up for failure.. PAC doesn't need a KO. All he needs to do is out punch and out land Marquez and be the one to land the most effective and cleanest punch. And a few knock downs is a plus. But he doesn't need to go in there looking for the KO, he will by outboxed. PAC just needs to put on a good performance be aggressive and be the one thats being more effective.

Comment

Working...
                    X