Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did we learn from Strikeforce Dallas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did we learn from Strikeforce Dallas?

I learned...

-Griggs is somebody to watch out for, definitely not just a journeyman yet as he beat the ultimate heavyweight journeyman.

-KJ Noons isn't that much better at lightweight then welterweight. Masdival definitely put himself on the map, hell of a fight!

-Cormier is a pretty good prospect to watch. Jeff Monson is totally washed up, should retire although it's sad he's probably just doing this for a paycheck at this point. Still think Cormier should drop down I think though. Not that impressive, anybody else would have stopped Monson.

-Brett Rogers is already past it if he even had a prime. Nothing more then a journeyman. Josh Barnett still has the skills to be a top 5 heavyweight if he keeps winning and doesn't get caught with steroids again.

-Overeem still gotta gas tank problem, can be hurt, is not some SUPER HUMAN WRECKING MACHINE that everybody thought he we. But makes it into my top 5.

-People were starting to doubt Dos Santos power....ARE YOU ****IN KIDDIN' ME? Dos Santos sparked Werdum out in 1 round, Werdum got an iron chin too.

-Cain Valasquez and Dos Santos are the #1 & #2 Heavyweights in the world. No doubt about that now...

Anything else? Anybody disagree with anything?

reem gotta put in some work... think his hype got to him. his stam is shockingly bad, I remember in the k1 he was puffing like *****. Cormier needs to drop down to 205.. strip that baby fat son!!!

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGGle View Post
      reem gotta put in some work... think his hype got to him. his stam is shockingly bad, I remember in the k1 he was puffing like *****. Cormier needs to drop down to 205.. strip that baby fat son!!!
      yeah Overeem really really let it get to him badly. It happens to the best of them though. Even Fedor by being crazy enough to go in Werdum's guard.

I think if Silva vs Overeem goes longer then 2-3 minutes into the 2nd, Silva will stop him late in the 2nd or 3rd. Just gotta survive that 1st round with Reem!

Comment

Gus Johnson is a waste of air time

Comment

Originally posted by Kakutogi-Gumi View Post
          hahaha yeah, how the **** he still has job after EliteXC died with that "GREATEST UPSET IN MMA HISTORRRRRRYYYYYYYYYY!" when Kimbo got KO'd is a ****in joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
            I learned...
            -Cormier is a pretty good prospect to watch. Jeff Monson is totally washed up, should retire although it's sad he's probably just doing this for a paycheck at this point. Still think Cormier should drop down I think though. Not that impressive, anybody else would have stopped Monson.

Anything else? Anybody disagree with anything?

I disagree with this. I thought Cormier looked great, his boxing was sharp, he had great head movement, was really mixing up his strikes and was patient when he had Monson hurt. Not saying you have it but I hate this whole mentality of you have to finish someone to be impressive. Once again, I thought he looked great.

In regards to the weight cut I dont think that will be something we will see anytime soon. You gotta remember this is a guy who had to drop out of Bejing because his kidney's failed trying to cut to 211, let alone trying to make 205.

Other than that I pretty much agree with everything you had to say, good post! ;D

Comment

Overeem is a beast for the first 5 min's of any bout after that he's and average HW.

He better hit cardio hard or he is going to pull a Brock and gas and lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Kakutogi-Gumi View Post
                Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
                hahaha yeah, how the **** he still has job after EliteXC died with that "GREATEST UPSET IN MMA HISTORRRRRRYYYYYYYYYY!" when Kimbo got KO'd is a ****in joke.
                dude prolly sucked someone off at strikeforce.. he is hopeless.

bring back bas

Comment

Originally posted by The Golden Boy View Post
                  I disagree with this. I thought Cormier looked great, his boxing was sharp, he had great head movement, was really mixing up his strikes and was patient when he had Monson hurt. Not saying you have it but I hate this whole mentality of you have to finish someone to be impressive. Once again, I thought he looked great.

In regards to the weight cut I dont think that will be something we will see anytime soon. You gotta remember this is a guy who had to drop out of Bejing because his kidney's failed trying to cut to 211, let alone trying to make 205.

Other than that I pretty much agree with everything you had to say, good post! ;D
                  DAMN...

another fedor-ish body type HW, not that its a bad thing.. just think he'll do well in 205.

Comment

Originally posted by The Golden Boy View Post

yeah it did win dominantly it just IDK he didn't really look like a threat to anybody elite either. I mean he's still young. But the wrestling cutting is crazier, he could do it if he did the right way with time. Their's the unhealthy way of draining your body in a few days or weeks and theirs the healthy way of slowly doing it overtime. Ain't impossible.

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
                    Overeem is a beast for the first 5 min's of any bout after that he's and average HW.

He better hit cardio hard or he is going to pull a Brock and gas and lose.
                    Agreed. He needs a jab too. He would have dominated with it because he could have controlled distance, Werdum saw all his bombs coming.

Originally posted by STRUGGle View Post
                    dude prolly sucked someone off at strikeforce.. he is hopeless.

bring back bas
                    hahaha damn straight! Bas is the ****in man. I don't know why the **** tv stations put up with Gus's nonsense. Anybody else could do his job 10x better. What type of ****in ****** considers Kimbo Slice a great MMA fighter after beating up bums? Was it really that hard to believe a seasoned vet like Seth Petruzzeli could beat him? That was his hardest fight to that date.

Comment

Working...
                    X