Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Marquez used Pacquiao's tactics and came in at 140-142lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Marquez used Pacquiao's tactics and came in at 140-142lbs?

Lets be real, we all know JMM is chinny at any weight class, why not keep his speed from 140lbs. to be able to keep up with Pacquaio at WW (who seems to be slowing down quite a bit as of late).

Let Pacquiao be the bigger man this time.

I think it's a big mistake to try and get to 144, and that's what he said he's going to do.

Comment

He can come in at 138 if he wants, don't think it'll make a difference truthfully. I don't see JMM winning this fight now.

Comment

He will and it wouldn't surprice me at all if he was just a few pounds over 135.

Comment

if he dies, he dies.

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
            Lets be real, we all know JMM is chinny at any weight class, why not keep his speed from 140lbs. to be able to keep up with Pacquaio at WW (who seems to be slowing down quite a bit as of late).

Let Pacquiao be the bigger man this time.
            I think he should come in even lighter. Go under 140. A lot has been made by the hardcore fans about the weight but i think it wont really have an effect on the outcome of the fight. Both guys every time they have fought each other at feather & super feather havent really been separated by that much weight. Manny isnt really your average welter by today's standard. I dont think manny has ever weighed in officially at 147 lbs in any fight at welter. He doesnt even rehydrate a division or two like your standard welter of today.

Marquez & his team know that & with the catchweight of 144 pounds i think weight is a small factor in this fight.

Comment

From 126lbs to 144lbs, JMM seems to have "slippery feet" against any fighter, I mean he's not a one shot knockout guy anyway. JMM is a technician and if he can come in and possibly closer match Pacquiao's declining speed+added weight, maybe he can really pick him apart this time.

Comment

He can come in at 136 and no one would care. It's up to him. The weight isn't for jmm, he can weigh whatever he wants. The "weight demands" are for pacquiao. If pacquiao isn't forced to cut weight, and drain down he's gonna beat the living crap out of marquez.

That's why I have a problem with this fight. If u need one guy to cut weight just to make the fight competitive, maybe there shouldn't be a fight to begin with. If jmm comes in at 136, rehydrates to 145, and pac comes in at 144 and rehydrates to 148, they will both be 100%, and jmm will take a beating. That's the simple truth to it. Jmm has gotten older, pac has gotten better and stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeDaWg View Post
                  He can come in at 136 and no one would care. It's up to him. The weight isn't for jmm, he can weigh whatever he wants. The "weight demands" are for pacquiao. If pacquiao isn't forced to cut weight, and drain down he's gonna beat the living crap out of marquez.

That's why I have a problem with this fight. If u need one guy to cut weight just to make the fight competitive, maybe there shouldn't be a fight to begin with. If jmm comes in at 136, rehydrates to 145, and pac comes in at 144 and rehydrates to 148, they will both be 100%, and jmm will take a beating. That's the simple truth to it. Jmm has gotten older, pac has gotten better and stronger.
                  Pacquiao's streak of "greatness" is only exaggerated due to the quality of opponents he's been facing.

Comment

I think ill let do what he wants to do. Everyone here seems to have the perfect plan on how to beat Pac. Everyone seems to know what the perfect weight should be for JMM. I think hes smart enough to do whats right for himself and his body. His only welterweight showing was against mayweather and obviously he had to be the agressive one in the ring which doesnt play into his skills. Ill leave the whole prep for the PROFESSIONALS. Do I beleive he can win? Sure. Does he have teh tools. Yes. Will he win? no. Im a big fan but we cant ignore the obvious. I would prefer he clean out the young cats in 140. That would be more impressive than PACs resume as of the last couple years.

Comment

Working...
                    X