Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Oscar de la Hoya the the most financially successful boxer outside of the ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Oscar de la Hoya the the most financially successful boxer outside of the ring?

....just wondering.....

I don't know exactly how much he rakes in off of running Golden Boy Promotions, but that was a great move on his part.....

I know George Foreman sold a butt-load of Grills, so he raked in millions....

Floyd and Manny get millions per fight, but I don't know what they are bringing in on their own personal ventures.....

Manny also has a deal with Nike....

who knows?

I think he is. Followed by the grill master himself, George Forman.

I don't remember any other boxer being as business savvy as Oscar has been throughout the years. People may hate on GBP but it's had a lot of success because of Oscar, B Hop and Shane.

Comment

Not sure, foreman has made a boat load:

The worldwide popularity of the George Foreman grill has resulted in sales of over 100 million units since it was first launched, a feat that was achieved in a little over 15 years. Although Foreman has never confirmed exactly how much he has earned from the endorsement, Salton Inc paid him $137 million in 1999 in order to buy out the right to use his name.[7] Previous to that he was being paid about 40% of the profits on each grill sold (earning him $4.5 million a month in payouts at its peak), so it is estimated he has made a total of over $200 million from the endorsement, a sum that is substantially more than he earned as a boxer.[7]

Comment

Most likely. His net worth is close to $200 million.

Comment

one of those celebrity net worth sites says that foreman is worth more than dlh at 250 vs 175 million but those things arent accurate.

What we do know to be true is Foreman got $137 million to buy out the rights from his name on the grill back in 1999 and he was getting money on every grill sold before then. Also he has 12 books and some other endorsements with big and tall ect that he still gets money from.

http://www.success.com/articles/557-...ith-big-george

Based on available numbers alone I think that we have to go with Foreman. There is no proof that DLH is pulling those kind of numbers. Especially if you are talking money soley made outside of the ring and not for fights.

Ali got $50 million to sell half of the rights to his name and he still gets money from his brand just at half the rate as before.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post

The worldwide popularity of the George Foreman grill has resulted in sales of over 100 million units since it was first launched, a feat that was achieved in a little over 15 years. Although Foreman has never confirmed exactly how much he has earned from the endorsement, Salton Inc paid him $137 million in 1999 in order to buy out the right to use his name.[7] Previous to that he was being paid about 40% of the profits on each grill sold (earning him $4.5 million a month in payouts at its peak), so it is estimated he has made a total of over $200 million from the endorsement, a sum that is substantially more than he earned as a boxer.[7]
            That's crazy....

$4.5 mil a month....

That's real dough......

Comment

Yes, he clearly is.

Most other boxers are horrible with money and business ventures and end up going broke.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post

Yeah, many athletes make their real money off of endorsements.

For example, that A-Rod near $300million dollar deal with the Yankees, you can add another $200 million to that from endorsement deals, throughout those 10 years.

Kobe is another one who probably makes more money than his NBA salary, since there is a salary cap on the NBA.

Comment

George Foreman.

Comment

I wonder about the klitschko bros....

I know they get the bulk of their money overseas, I wonder what they make when it's all said and done, because they are very popular in Europe....

Not saying it compares to the Oscar or whatever, but i'm sure they should be good....

Comment

Working...
                    X