Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arturo Gatti Heads Class of 2013 Hall Of Fame Inductees

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arturo Gatti Heads Class of 2013 Hall Of Fame Inductees

CANASTOTA, NY - DECEMBER 10, 2012 - The International Boxing Hall of Fame and Museum announced today the newest class of inductees to enter the Hall. Modern category inductees include two-division champion Arturo “Thunder” Gatti (posthumous), five-time world champion Virgil “Quicksilver” Hill, two-time light flyweight champion Myung-Woo Yuh, “Let’s Get It On” referee Mills Lane, ring announcer Jimmy Lennon, Jr., and journalist Colin Hart.

“We’re extremely excited about the Class of 2013 and very much looking forward to honoring the 24th class of inductees,” said Executive Director Edward Brophy. [Click Here To Read More]

It would be great for Boxing for Gatti to be inducted into the HOF. What a true fighter/boxer and warrior of this sport!

Comment

Waits for HOF cynics who don't think Gatti belongs in HOF

Comment

Gatti left the sport with great memories,deserves it
        Hate when people complain because he was not elite
        It certainly wasn't but he was a great fighter with great heart
        Bottom line....he was great for the sport!

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
          Waits for HOF cynics who don't think Gatti belongs in HOF
          you cant call someone crazy for saying he doesnt. personally i dont think he does, but im still happy hes inducted. there are fighters less deserving than him in there and there are ppl more deserving who arent in there, at the end of the day it is what it is.

Comment

I wonder why Virgil Hill got in to the HOF and not Dariusz M, who defeated him?

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
              you cant call someone crazy for saying he doesnt. personally i dont think he does, but im still happy hes inducted. there are fighters less deserving than him in there and there are ppl more deserving who arent in there, at the end of the day it is what it is.
              I didn't vote for him and never would have. Not mad that he got in the though. He was Gatti; it's a lively debate on his credentials. I am ecstatic that Yuh got in. Long overdue and I did vote for him (the only one of three inducted Modern that I did).

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
                CANASTOTA, NY - DECEMBER 10, 2012 - The International Boxing Hall of Fame and Museum announced today the newest class of inductees to enter the Hall. Modern category inductees include two-division champion Arturo “Thunder” Gatti (posthumous), five-time world champion Virgil “Quicksilver” Hill, two-time light flyweight champion Myung-Woo Yuh, “Let’s Get It On” referee Mills Lane, ring announcer Jimmy Lennon, Jr., and journalist Colin Hart.

“We’re extremely excited about the Class of 2013 and very much looking forward to honoring the 24th class of inductees,” said Executive Director Edward Brophy. [Click Here To Read More]
                glad he's in but I personally didn't think he belonged.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  I wonder why Virgil Hill got in to the HOF and not Dariusz M, who defeated him?
                  thats almost like asking why duran got in and not kirkland laing (rip) who defeated him.

Comment

if I could vote..Gatti would get my vote...he's HOF worthy!!...don't care about how many fights he lost or titles he won....dude fought his ass off...he defines how a warrior should behave in the ring....I can't explain it because words can't describe what "Thunder" brung to the table....real Rocky movie fights....real ones....with real punches, real blood, and real drama....he belongs in with the GREATS...noone can deny how GREAT he was for the sport...YES to Gatti!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X