Showtime Boxing already trying to build Wilder vs Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showtime Boxing already trying to build Wilder vs Joshua

Showtime Boxing already trying to build Wilder vs Joshua

Problem is Hearn is likely going to take Joshua to HBO after he fights Pulev. This will surely affect the fight being made next, which is what we all want.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Problem is Hearn is likely going to take Joshua to HBO after he fights Pulev. This will surely affect the fight being made next, which is what we all want.

This. Joshua is going to HBO once his obligation with Showtime is up.

Comment

Showtime has the right of last refusal on Joshua's next fight after Pulev too. That is why they are talking about another fight after Pulev before fighting Wilder. That way Joshua will be a network free agent for a Wilder fight in the summer. Trying to maximize profits. After that Joshua will go to HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          Showtime has the right of last refusal on Joshua's next fight after Pulev too. That is why they are talking about another fight after Pulev before fighting Wilder. That way Joshua will be a network free agent for a Wilder fight in the summer. Trying to maximize profits. After that Joshua will go to HBO.
          I thought the right was only to this fight. So SHO can match HBO's bid for Pulev but after that he is free to sign with anyone and Hearn seems to be going to HBO to replace TR.

See ESPN article below.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...tching-bid-hbo

Comment

I thought the right was only to this fight. So SHO can match HBO's bid for Pulev but after that he is free to sign with anyone and Hearn seems to be going to HBO to replace TR.

See ESPN article below.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...tching-bid-hbo
            Hearn said Showtime has an option for one more fight after that.

http://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-cla...joshua--120865

Comment

OK. I didn't see this. So they might be able to make wilder/joshua after this on Sho and then AJ is free to sign.

Comment

No division seems harder to match make.
                Wilder wants the Joshua fight $$
                Whyte wants the Wilder $$
                Hearn wants the Whyte vs Wilder then Wilder vs Joshua $$
                Joshua doesn't want to get KTFO and keep printing $$

Comment

I've been wondering about this Matchroom/Matchroom USA thing. Havent seen it spoken about anywhere. Why did they set up "Matchroom USA" and not just have Jacobs sign with the normal "Matchroom"? Could it be that only Jacobs, and any other US fighters he signs to the "Matchroom USA" banner, and the US cards are exclusive to HBO? And that any UK fights are still up for bidding.

So hypothetically if he done Joshua/Wilder in the US it would be Matchroom USA and HBO would have the rights, but if Joshua/Wilder happened in the UK it would be regular Matchroom and be up for bidding, forcing Wilder to take the fight in the US if Showtime want to show it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandur View Post
                    This. Joshua is going to HBO once his obligation with Showtime is up.
                    Doubtful. Showtime is where his biggest fight is. Hearn will wait to take AJ to HBO.

Comment

Working...
                    X