Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley's Trainer: Peterson Could Beat Danny Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley's Trainer: Peterson Could Beat Danny Garcia

On Friday, inside of the DC Armory in Washington, DC, IBF junior welterweight champion Lamont Peterson ended a year-plus layoff by emphatically halting former titlist Kendall Holt inisde of eight rounds.

Peterson hadn’t fought since his upset victory over Amir Khan in December of 2011 and it was easy to spot his rust early as Holt got off to a comfortable start while also digging in some nice lefts to the body.

Peterson would erupt in the fourth round, however, as he turned up the pressure and dropped Holt with a crushing right hand. Peterson would score another knockdown in the sixth round, as it was obvious that the end was near. [Click Here To Read More]

Garcia hits harder and ppl keep saying Danny is slow so why did he beat the guy with the fastest hands in the 140 pound division in khan but a fight with Peterson and Lucas would be interesting if Lucas can win he can finally earn a belt and a shot at Garcia because let's face it Lucas has beaten know 1

Comment

I can already see GBP trying to put Peterson in with Mathysse! I think Mathysse deserves his shot against Garcia and that needs to happen first. If Garcia beat Judah then Peterson can fight Judah or rematch with Khan for now.

Comment

Peterson/Matthysse.... can that even be made? Last I checked, matthysse isn't even in their top 15.
        If anything, Garcia/Peterson can be made because of unification.
        Then again, this is boxing.... so don't really need to follow the rules.
        I'd like to see Peterson/Matthysse in DC though

Comment

people forget that Lucas Matthysse is Danny Garcia's mandatory and has been for awhile, at some point Garcia has to fight him or it's a duck plain and simple.

if Garica beats Judah Golden Boy should have Garica vs Matthysse and Peterson vs Khan 2 on the same card. have it in NY, the DC fans can take the train. it would be a huge event. two FOY type fights on the same night

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
            Garcia hits harder and ppl keep saying Danny is slow so why did he beat the guy with the fastest hands in the 140 pound division in khan
            It's called timing. It offsets speed.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
              Garcia hits harder and ppl keep saying Danny is slow so why did he beat the guy with the fastest hands in the 140 pound division in khan but a fight with Peterson and Lucas would be interesting if Lucas can win he can finally earn a belt and a shot at Garcia because let's face it Lucas has beaten know 1
              Both Peterson and Matthysse would beat Garcia badly. Without a doubt.
              Your nationalism is so obvious in each of your comment. So you have no credibility. You just have Danny Garcia, so go looking for other options, because if he fights Rios, Matthysse or Peterson you'll see he is not even half of what appears.

Comment

matthyse vs enyone

enybody cant take his pressure!!

Comment

I'd pick Peterson over Garcia.

Comment

I think it will be a good fight, Garcia is still young and has looked better and better in his last 3 fights. He does have power in both hands and has a good chin. I would take Garcia over Petterson in a tough fight. Now vs Lucas Mathysse ..thats a toss up not sure about that one but I do like his chances againts anyone in his division..the kid got true KO power in both hands.

Comment

Working...
                    X