No announcement yet.

Jeremy Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy Williams

I'm sure most of you have seen at least one fight with him. And you know he was an exciting fighter to watch, a ko artist. But he was at the same time technically limited, was he not? That musta been the reason why he lost to guys like Brian Nielsen and Henry Akinwande. Nothing wrong with that, but they were hardly unbeatable fighters. He got stopped by them both and relatively quick too. He musta had a fragile chin as well. Still, he could punch. At first he was called JOLTIN', then someone came up with that "sensationl" HALF-MAN HALF-AMAZING nick.

Here's a nice example of his power and "watchability".

http://youtu.be/11sDlJdf814
    Last edited by Pastrano; 10-24-2011, 02:37 PM.

He was very exciting because his one punch knockout power but he was a small heavyweight.
    Fighters like him, questionable chin + knockout power = great fights to watch

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      He was very exciting because his one punch knockout power but he was a small heavyweight.
      Jeremy's one punch KO loss to Sam Peter was absolutely brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        It was. Williams also had a series of brutal one punch ko wins. Highlight reel stuff. But he didn't do good against the big strong guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
          I'm sure most of you have seen at least one fight with him. And you know he was an exciting fighter to watch, a ko artist. But he was at the same time technically limited, was he not? That musta been the reason why he lost to guys like Brian Nielsen and Henry Akinwande. Nothing wrong with that, but they were hardly unbeatable fighters. He got stopped by them both and relatively quick too. He musta had a fragile chin as well. Still, he could punch. At first he was called JOLTIN', then someone came up with that "sensationl" HALF-MAN HALF-AMAZING nick.

Here's a nice example of his power and "watchability".

http://youtu.be/11sDlJdf814
          he's been involved in some good scraps.he was a C level HW. his fight with andre purlette is one of the worst ref jobs i ever seen.scott ledoux is the commentator & he loses his mind through out this fight.it's very funny...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            I agree, it was. It was Peter's most impessive ko by far. Other than that though Sam was little more than a heavy handed slugger in my opinion. I think a lot less powerful fighters would have taken Williams out with the same punch. His chin just wasn't very good and he never saw it coming. Highlight reel ko though.

Comment

henry akinwande one punched him too...

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                TBear, you saved me some typing. Good post.

Comment

Working...
                X