Rickson Gracie Rumored To Fight On New Year's Eve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rickson Gracie Rumored To Fight On New Year's Eve

Breaking News: Rickson Gracie Confirms He Plans to Fight on New Years Eve

Over a year ago here on The FightWorks Podcast, we spoke with Breno Sivak, who is a black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu from Gracie Humaita in Rio de Janeiro. Sivak has been a long time friend of Rickson Gracie, and in our conversation claimed that Rickson was preparing to fight another mixed martial arts fight in December 2006.

Sivak’s claim was dismissed as rumor by some, but this weekend at the Brazilian jiu-jitsu Mundials in Los Angeles, I spoke with Rickson Gracie personally and asked if there was any truth to Sivak’s statement. Rickson confirmed that he does indeed still intend to fight and is currently in negotiations with multiple MMA promotions to fight on December 31, 2007.

A student of Rickson Gracie's, Kevin Casey, has been booked for the K-1 HERO's show on 9/17, for whatever that's worth.

Wow is what i say lol i cant wait for this to happen maybe he signs with the UFC that wud be crazyyy

I'll believe it when I see him in the ring. Rickson has been supposed to be fighting for years now and never does. BTW, Rickson by Armbar....

Comment

Sure...versus Don "The Dragon" Wilson...

Comment

Originally posted by Leather View Post
        Sure...versus Don "The Dragon" Wilson...
        Rickson by armbar....

Comment

Don Wilson was overrated in Bloodfist….

Comment

Working...
          X