Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these US Heavyweight Prospects got the best shot at a title soon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of these US Heavyweight Prospects got the best shot at a title soon?

Who's your pick? Mine in no particular order...Deontay Wilder, Bryant Jennings, Seth Mitchell, and Andy Ruiz? I like Jennings the best.

Really the belts are pretty much hostage in Germany until the Klits retire.

Comment

Soon none of them, if any fights for a title in the next year they all get punished bad and down the road is a crap shoot because I need to see them develop. I probably like Wilder the best though because he seems to have that one punch thunder and is real rangy, those are generally the attributes a heavy wants to have.

Mitchell will probably get the first shot, but while he has some positives attributes, seems to still be improving and wants to get better I just think he is to raw to really be a title threat when it will come his way.

Wilder and Jennings are pretty much in the same boat both need at least a year more seasoning and solid gym work before they should even worry about climbing the rankings. Specifically Wilder needs to tighten up and work on keeping his height and distance while Jennings needs to figure out how to really sit down on his shots because he throws nice looking punches but does not get full leverage.

Ruiz I am not as familiar with but I would say he probably needs a year more seasoning also.

Comment

Seth Mitchell has the best chance of "getting a shot" and might, I repeat might actually be able to beat povetkin for that piece of paper.

The others are complete no hopers.

Americas next champion will only come if Vitali retires with the belt, vacates and Sillyman gives Arreola a vacant title shot against some bum.

Other than that, look for the next generation.

Comment

In all honesty Andy Ruiz probably has the best chance, Jordan Shimmell could be worth keeping an eye on as well. Hanks my get a title shot if he keeps winning but Wilder's complete lack of developmental fights will prevent him from living up to his potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            Seth Mitchell has the best chance of "getting a shot" and might, I repeat might actually be able to beat povetkin for that piece of paper.

The others are complete no hopers.

Americas next champion will only come if Vitali retires with the belt, vacates and Sillyman gives Arreola a vacant title shot against some bum.

Other than that, look for the next generation.
            Wilder will end Fury and Price's dreams. You just watch, sucka.

Comment

Originally posted by LDBC Slayer View Post
              Seth Mitchell might beat Povetkin??

I'm dying.

Comment

Working...
              X