No announcement yet.

Any of ya'll on HORMONE THERAPY?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of ya'll on HORMONE THERAPY?

I'm on Hormone therapy FOR LIFE because of my thyroid problem, but I'm also going to get tested for my testosterone levels tomorrow.

Are any of ya'll in the same boat, and how has it effected your training/performance?

I don't have health insurance, I'm also curious how much the test prescription is gonna cost. My thyroid hormone only 4 bucks a month thanks walmart!

what are the symptoms of low testosterone levels...

does the therapy make feel better...

it seems like allot of reall jacked mma fighters are getting introuble for it saying they need it but it seems like a way to abuse it...

not cool to the people who actually have a problem...

peace

Comment

Lol, I'm not gonna beat around the bush-

Low Sex Drive, Low Libido, Low Energy Levels, Bad Sperm, Fatigue, Moodiness, Reduced Muscle Mass, More body fat, and prone-ness to tons of diseases.

It's a VERY big deal. And yes, it is ****ed up that so many people abuse it, because it's tough to tell who's lying and who's not. Because in high level sports you can easily fake blood tests/urinalysis with someone elses or synthetic urine.

But if you really need it, YOU REALLY NEED IT.

Comment

im assuming you're on synthroid?

once they get your dose where it should be and titrated correctly you'll be back to normal... or pretty close. otherwise its sub therapeutic

for straight up low testosterone though they can give you something like androderm or androgel

Comment

Synthroid is a brandname. The hormone is thyroxine.
          I take Levothyroxine, it's the "Generic" version of Synthroid.

I've had various thyroid problems going on 7 years now. Have been trying to regulate for a looong time. The thing is, if there is a seperate Testosterone issue, I could be on a perfect dose of Thyroxine and still have no energy, and all the symptoms of a thyroid problem.

Comment

i will say this much, if you require some form of test and you dont have insurance topical andro (whether patch or gel) will cost you

local pharmacies charge around 250/month for that stuff... its a high dollar item

walmart is great for $4 prescriptions, but if you have something thats not on their list, go to Costco if you have any near. you dont have to be a member to use their pharmacy and their Rx prices are the best around. or at least call for their price and have CVS/Walgreens or whatever match it... they gladly will

Comment

^ That's a great tip! Thank you very much I'll look into the price matching. Always good when the trolls take a seat and people get to share useful knowledge on these forums.

I sure hope I can find better than $250 a month. YIKES!

Comment

Originally posted by DaneNoodles View Post
                ^ That's a great tip! Thank you very much I'll look into the price matching. Always good when the trolls take a seat and people get to share useful knowledge on these forums.

I sure hope I can find better than $250 a month. YIKES!
                like i said, thats for topical.... im not sure what your physician will prescribe, if he gives you that it might take a little pushback to get him to give you something more budget friendly. you can get test cyp injection but then you have to administer it and whatnot or make appts for the injections so the costs add up

hopefully you'll be fine and wont need it, just maybe a dosage adjustment to your synthroid.... but once you get more details from your physician you can do some homework and find out what your options are

Comment

^agreed!

10c

Comment

Working...
                  X