No announcement yet.

Getting Lean

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Lean

What are some good suggestions for burning fat. I know cardio must be involved but are there any exercises or drills that you have found helpful

You'll get a bunch of dudes going "Ohhhh you gotta do intervals!!!! It's sooooooooo kewwwwwlllllll! OMGGGG do intervals HIIT blah blah blah its totally awesomeeeee..."

As far as diet they'll say "OMG you have to eat 5-6 times a dayyyyy omgggggg you have to drink 8 glasses of water ommggggg its totally kewwwwwwl you have to eat Health Fats and Omega 3s and blah blah blah..."

Trust me: 99% of the people saying that **** will be fat.

You want to get lean? You diet. And then you run. And you don't cheat. Done.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
      You'll get a bunch of dudes going "Ohhhh you gotta do intervals!!!! It's sooooooooo kewwwwwlllllll! OMGGGG do intervals HIIT blah blah blah its totally awesomeeeee..."

As far as diet they'll say "OMG you have to eat 5-6 times a dayyyyy omgggggg you have to drink 8 glasses of water ommggggg its totally kewwwwwwl you have to eat Health Fats and Omega 3s and blah blah blah..."

Trust me: 99% of the people saying that **** will be fat.

You want to get lean? You diet. And then you run. And you don't cheat. Done.
      Are you lean?

No ****.

Comment

My personal favorite thing to do is to BURN MORE CALORIES THAN I EAT.

Christ people, it's that easy.

Comment

Originally posted by killsomething View Post
          My personal favorite thing to do is to BURN MORE CALORIES THAN I EAT.

Christ people, it's that easy.
          I realize how easy it is. I'm just asking about exercises that people like to do to burn fat. maybe there's exercises that I've never done. I not "Mr. Knowitall" so I'd like to learn some new things. Simple question. No need for hostility here.

Comment

Is it exam time in middle school? Some angry children in this thread.

Comment

I find jumping rope quite simple and effective. People make it out to be more complicated than it has to be sometimes.

Comment

thank you guys for actually helping... some people just are on the offensive... I'm not looking for an easy way out... I'm just asking for some ideas of effective exercises, so thank you to those who have actually been helpful

Comment

You lose fat by burning calories. Exercise burns calories. You don't get to choose where the calories you burn come from. They can be fat, carbs, protein, whatever.

My point was that you don't burn more fat with one exercise than another, really. Maybe a negligible amount here and there, but what it comes down to is intensity and amount of exercise performed.

Short answer? Run. And do burpees.

But it won't do a damn thing if you eat more calories than you burn. Which brings me back to square one: The exercise isn't the important thing. You can burn fat by doing sledgehammer swings, situps, bench pressing, wanking, whatever. Calories in vs. calories out is what matters. Lately I've dropped 20lb just by eating less.
                  Last edited by killsomething; 02-18-2011, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by killsomething View Post
                    You lose fat by burning calories. Exercise burns calories. You don't get to choose where the calories you burn come from. They can be fat, carbs, protein, whatever.

My point was that you don't burn more fat with one exercise than another, really. Maybe a negligible amount here and there, but what it comes down to is intensity and amount of exercise performed.

Short answer? Run. And do burpees.

But it won't do a damn thing if you eat more calories than you burn. Which brings me back to square one: The exercise isn't the important thing. You can burn fat by doing sledgehammer swings, situps, bench pressing, wanking, whatever. Calories in vs. calories out is what matters. Lately I've dropped 20lb just by eating less.
                    It is pretty much simple math, even something like walking a couple miles everyday and reducing your daily calorie intake by 300-500 can make a huge difference.

Comment

Working...
                    X