Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime for prime who wins in a fight between golovkin and martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime for prime who wins in a fight between golovkin and martinez?

Fantasy match up both in their primes golovkin vs sergio martinez at 160 who wins and how. Try as i might i can't fathom how the fight pans out.

Martinez wins a close, competitive decision. He was more nimble, and had KO power. I love GGG but even Jacobs and Canelo made him look slow at times. Martinez was a much better fighter than these two.

Comment

Originally posted by Larky101 View Post
      Fantasy match up both in their primes golovkin vs sergio martinez at 160 who wins and how. Try as i might i can't fathom how the fight pans out.
      Two of my favourite fighters in recent years, man. Wandering when you'd consider Maravilla prime though... his name was really made with the P-Wills and Pavlik wins, but he was already 35 years old by then which would under most considerations make him past prime even given his late start in the sport. The Maravilla who had his hands full with the likes of Macklin, Barker and Dzinzhiruk would not have fared well against any Golovkin I think, but the version who put on a masterclass against Pavlik would have made an epic fight against a '12 - '15 GGG I reckon.

My personal guess is that a prime Golovkin would have cut the ring on him and eventually started to catch him after being tagged well and frequently early, but it is no more than that... a guess. Wopuld have been one of those fights I would have loved to have seen made.

Comment

I think Sergio's movement would be too much for Golovkin. Not that it would be an easy fight to predict, but I don't see Golovkin being able to do much other than jab and getting the stick and move treatment from Martinez.

Comment

Lol is this a joke. Martinez struggled at times with average level fighters. He has draw with a cintron and struggled in his first fight against williams. We also saw martinez struggle with murray and macklin. LOL. GGG by ko in 6 easy easy win. Too open for ggg and his defense is terrible with his hands down.
          Last edited by satiev1; 04-21-2019, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Martinez would box his ears off. GGG wouldn't be able to set his feet and I'd imagine he would be inactive as he would not be willing to endure the punishment needed to get into range.

Comment

Slow foot and weak stamina canelo made ggg look stupid... Prime maravilla makes ggg look worst

Comment

Martinez took to many flush shots and was never known to have a great chin, GGG stops him in an epic fight

Comment

GGG by easy KO. They have a common opponent in Martin Murray.Murray fought Martinez in Argentina. He knocked him down and beat him but got home country robbed. Murray got the hell beat out of him by GGG later and was stopped in the 12th round. GGG tried for years to get Martinez to fight him when Martinez was middleweight champ. In my opinion GGG should be undefeated as I thought he beat Canelo twice. GGG has never been knocked down. Martinez has several losses to guys GGG would easily beat and he has been knocked down many times and stopped twice. Martinez has lost to Williams and been knocked out by Margarito. He is not in GGG's class.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    ggg by easy ko. They have a common opponent in martin murray.murray fought martinez in argentina. He knocked him down and beat him but got home country robbed. Murray got the hell beat out of him by ggg later and was stopped in the 12th round. Ggg tried for years to get martinez to fight him when martinez was middleweight champ. In my opinion ggg should be undefeated as i thought he beat canelo twice. Ggg has never been knocked down. Martinez has several losses to guys ggg would easily beat and he has been knocked down many times and stopped twice. Martinez has lost to williams and been knocked out by margarito. He is not in ggg's class.
                    murray is a terrible comparison, martinez was at the end of his career with injuries when he fought him and then you use a fresh ggg..now you wanna call ggg old but ignore martinez was 38 then?
                    Last edited by Larry the boss; 04-21-2019, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X