Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2020 Thanksgiving Celebration Thread!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2020 Thanksgiving Celebration Thread!

Guys:

I will check the thread throughout, today and tomorrow... Any concerns in the kitchen? I have been a professional chef, and I basically cooked my stuff yesterday and today so I could chill...

This means that tomorrow I Just pop the bird in the oven, and I am good... I am having a few friends over who have no where to go because of Covid.

I am serving oyster, cornbread, and rice dressing, brussel sprouts for the wife (her favorite) mashed taters, turkey, ham... a small spread compared to the usual I do, but everything is up to snuff!

IF ANYONE HAS A PROBLEM IN THEN KITCHEN I WILL CHECK THE THREAD REGULARLY. For problems in the bedroom? sorry, another thread perhaps...

Wish I could help u Billeau, all I know how to do on Thanksgiving is eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Wish I could help u Billeau, all I know how to do on Thanksgiving is eat.
      I mean its an easy meal to cook. But people have "emergencies" like... "How do I defrost the turkey in time" etc. Or how to know the turkey is done...

Comment

Ill just pop a hungry mayne turkey dinner in dat focking oven, ya heardd meh

Comment

My (English) son in law and my sister are cooking all week....both are great cooks so I'm good.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
            Ill just pop a hungry mayne turkey dinner in dat focking oven, ya heardd meh
            Actually... Those are hard to get with the Covid and are usually plentiful. I think they have an appeal all their own, but usually you can get them discounted. I noticed they are not around.

I love to have the hungry man turkey dinner once in a while lol, its garbage but it is a certain kind of joy. I got those as a kid...

Take one piece of advice though: NEVER buy the frozen Fried chicken from these guys, Weaver, etc... Really bad for you...greasy, full of bread and fillers... taste good lol! but really really bad.

Comment

Just bring on the pies.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                Just bring on the pies.
                When I was a kid I use to love pumpkin pie, now I don't care for it or any pie

Comment

In before the soy boys and the constantly offended say something about Columbus or other nonsense regarding thanks giving.

To everyone else Happy Turkey Day.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
                    When I was a kid I use to love pumpkin pie, now I don't care for it or any pie
                    I'm a coconut cream pie guy.

When I was a kid my grandma made my uncle and I two coconut cream pies. He was late getting there and I already ate my pie so I attempted to eat his also. I got through half of it. Then puked lol.

This was the uncle that always had me with him when we hunted. He use to lead the way and would at times pull a twig back and let it go. It would hit me in the face lol. So we were always playing games.

Boy he was pissed when he got there and had half a pie. I said that's some get back hahaha.

Good memories.

Comment

Working...
                    X