Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Impactful Will The Super Bowl Ads for Wilder vs Fury 2 Be On PPV Buys?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Impactful Will The Super Bowl Ads for Wilder vs Fury 2 Be On PPV Buys?

With a 1% conversion rate on Super Bowl viewers that would give the rematch 1M+ buys & $80M in PPV revenue.

Or will the $11M spent on these ads all be for nothing?

It's not just the Super Bowl ads, it's the incredible amount of coverage all of the Fox and ESPN properties are giving the fight.

I'm starting to believe a million buys might be possible.

Comment

Do people really remember the ad’s that happened a few weeks ago in the space of a few hours? I ask that genuinely, i have no idea how big the impact of Superbowl ad’s are, being from the UK.

Obviously everything helps, so you have to do those things, but i’d imagine the fight will sell because of consistent good advertising, not just some ad’s from one night.

I still think around 500k or 600k USA buys would be a huge success really. There’s very few fighters that actually get over that.

1m buys between the USA and UK is more realistic than just 1m in USA, in my opinion.

Had the fight been prime time UK, i could’ve seen it doing 1m UK buys easily. Fury v Wlad wasn’t far off apparently. With it being like 5am, i think 500k is more realistic in the UK.
      Last edited by deathofaclown; 02-18-2020, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        Do people really remember the ad’s that happened a few weeks ago in the space of a few hours? I ask that genuinely, i have no idea how big the impact of Superbowl ad’s are, being from the UK.

Obviously everything helps, so you have to do those things, but i’d imagine the fight will sell because of consistent good advertising, not just some ad’s from one night.

I still think around 500k or 600k USA buys would be a huge success really. There’s very few fighters that actually get over that.

1m buys between the USA and UK is more realistic than just 1m in USA, in my opinion.

Had the fight been prime time UK, i could’ve seen it doing 1m UK buys easily. Fury v Wlad wasn’t far off apparently. With it being like 5am, i think 500k is more realistic in the UK.

Nah We play drinking games during commercials.

Like if a certain commercial comes on, chug your beer etc.

I think a commercial would be helped though. It was a very entertaining game.

Comment

Hopefully more impactful than the XFL promo where they said Wilder's record is 29-0.

Comment

This will get more buys than Wilder-Fury 1... I'm not sure what that number was. But Wilder has now been legitimized. Ex greats like Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield are talking about him.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF WBO View Post
              It's not just the Super Bowl ads, it's the incredible amount of coverage all of the Fox and ESPN properties are giving the fight.

Well according to Bob arum with this amount of investment 2 million buys is a must. He suggested it cost them the equivalent of £11 million lost revenue from the super bowl adverts alone.

Does this mean this will end up and epic failure if it doesn’t make at least 1 mil??

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF WBO View Post

I was leaning more towards 800k, but I agree I think 1M+ is possible.

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Good question on how a ad weeks ago impacts PPV sales. I honestly got no clue. Idk that a fight has ever been advertised during the Superbowl for data to be known or speculated on much either. This will be the canary in the coalmine for the whole endeavor I imagine & could lead to future Superbowl ads if successful.

But I think 100M+ ppl seeing that ad will be the single most impactful thing for casual fans, sports fans & even non-sports fans buys. Plenty of people watch the Superbowl who never watch ESPN or even TV on a regular basis.

Comment

It certainly wont do it any harm. This fight isn't going to do the crazy numbers some people predicted. But nobody is. Its guna do decent numbers but it can't jump from 300k for the 1st one to a million.

It's a good fight it's guna do well. But don't forget millions watched something before their first fight which didn't translate in to PPV sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                    Well according to Bob arum with this amount of investment 2 million buys is a must.
                    Do you have a link to where he said that? I've only seen him say that he expects 2 million buys. However, for decades, he has always publicly stated wild "expectations" for his PPVs before they take place, so it's hard to know what his true expectations are.

He suggested it cost them the equivalent of £11 million lost revenue from the super bowl adverts alone.
                    Do you have a link to where he said that? Also, who is the "them" you're speaking of? If Fox or ESPN provide promotional support, that doesn't cost the promoters a penny.

Comment

Working...
                    X