No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frankie Gavin Has Bigger Title Goals in The New Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frankie Gavin Has Bigger Title Goals in The New Year

Frankie Gavin insists there will be no room for sentiment if he has to dump the prestigious British Lonsdale belt in order to secure a European welterweight shot.

The domestic champion defends his crown for the first time against Jason Welborn at Walsall Town Hall on January 18.

The Birmingham fighter earned the title by outsmarting wily veteran Junior Witter recently and has been rewarded with a seemingly straightforward assignment in nearby Walsall against local lad Jason Welborn.
    [Click Here To Read More]

When I first saw this bout I thought "What a load of rubbish" but as long as Gavin gets back in the ring by April this bout is ok. A nice local rivalry between fans just like the old days. Should be a cracking atmosphere.

You also have local lad Martin Gethin against a favourite of mine in Ben Murphy (his effort against the bigger Theophane was nothing short of heroic) for the British & Commonwealth Lightweight title & another Walsall lad, Chris Keane, versus another tough fighter with a deceiving record, Shane McPhilbin.

From those six fighters alone five live within 50 miles of the venue. And 'Mr Block' has some raucous fans.

Wish I could be there.

Comment

Working...
    X