No announcement yet.

A Win-Win for Chavez Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Win-Win for Chavez Jr

If he loses to martinez and does'nt get blown out of the ring, he gets respect for taking the challenge of a modern day great in martinez, going forward he can bulid on a new reputation as a guy who is a real fighter and not just Jcc Jr. If he wins then he gets the scalp of martinez, the ring belt, and possible consideration for fighter of the year win or lose I think this fight buts JR on the map as a fighter and not just a "name."

i agree..............martinez beating chavez jr doesn't really do much for him except he gets his wbc belt back and of course the money he will be getting from this fight should be good too. After martinez beats chavez jr i wouldn't mind him fighting the winner of ward vs dawson..
    Last edited by Bermuda; 08-27-2012, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Boogie View Post
      If he loses to martinez and does'nt get blown out of the ring, he gets respect for taking the challenge of a modern day great in martinez, going forward he can bulid on a new reputation as a guy who is a real fighter and not just Jcc Jr. If he wins then he gets the scalp of martinez, the ring belt, and possible consideration for fighter of the year win or lose I think this fight buts JR on the map as a fighter and not just a "name."
      Respect? Nope. He should've fought Martinez way back when he was supposed to.

Comment

[QUOTE=jsfd26;12457544]Respect? Nope. He should've fought Martinez way back when he was supposed to.[/QUOTE

Of course he should have we all know that is the truth, but a loss really does'nt hurt him all that much to be honest, like the guy or not this the fight he needed to take and win or lose he's gonna gain something just for signing the contract

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Yeah, but that can be said about some of our top fighters today.

Namely Floyd fighting Mosley, Marg, Cotto, and Pac back when he was supposed to.

Some people make a big deal out of it, but most fans don't really care as long as they eventually got it on.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            Fight was made at the right time. Chavez is as ready as he has ever been and people are actually interested in the fight now and more are giving Chavez a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Boogie View Post
              If he loses to martinez and does'nt get blown out of the ring, he gets respect for taking the challenge of a modern day great in martinez
              lol a modern day great.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                Yeah, but that can be said about some of our top fighters today.

Namely Floyd fighting Mosley, Marg, Cotto, and Pac back when he was supposed to.

Some people make a big deal out of it, but most fans don't really care as long as they eventually got it on.
                Exactly, which is why I feel that either way Chavez is going to get credit just for taking the risk, I mean canelo may stay undefeated longer but as far as respect from the fans advantage chavez on this one

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                  lol a modern day great.
                  When a I say modern day I mean specifically for this era and this era only not all time only for this era

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                    i agree..............martinez beating chavez jr doesn't really do much for him except he gets his wbc belt back and of course the money he will be getting from this fight should be good too. After martinez beats chavez jr i wouldn't mind him fighting the winner of ward vs dawson..
                    I wouldnt mind it either but it would never happen. Martinez wont fight neither one

Comment

Working...
                    X