No announcement yet.

California will no longer suspend disruptive students

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California will no longer suspend disruptive students

It will soon be illegal in California for both public and charter schools to suspend disruptive students from kindergarten through eighth grade.

Gov. Gavin Newsom on Monday signed into law Senate Bill 419, which permanently prohibits willful defiance suspensions in grades four and five. It also bans such suspensions in grades six through eight for five years. The law goes into effect July 1, 2020.

Senator Nancy Skinner from Berkeley wrote the bill and she said, "Ending willful defiance suspensions will keep kids in school where they belong and where teachers and counselors can help them thrive.”

Amy Epsten, a mother of two children in kindergarten said she was not a big fan of the concept.

“I think kids need discipline and these laws are getting harder and harder for teachers to manage a classroom, and kids are smart they know why they can get away with,” Epsten said.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...559999411.html

I'm shocked

Comment

What if the student(s) hasn't been vaccinated?

Comment

Man, that's gonna get rough.

Of course, this is yet another reason for people to leave California.

Comment

They are dumping gasoline on their fire at this point.

We really should encourage them to secede, the extend the wall to cordon them off.

Comment

kindergarten thru 8th grade??? the fvvck.. you gotta be a badazz kid to get suspender in kindergarten.

Comment

Bye family. Hello big government!

Comment

�� I love these California stories. Funny to see that place go down

Comment

If you throw his ass in the basement fair enough, but suspending them seems easier.

Comment

My prediction:

Disruptive students bring every student down with them.
                    Students in California get lower test scores.
                    Lower test scores = less job opportunities and further education opportunities = less median income.
                    Less median income = 'the system' failed them.
                    'The system' = white male patriarchy / white supremacy.

Like clockwork. Meanwhile Asian students are penalised on their SAT scores for having the 'gall' to get higher grades by actually studying and actively trying to LEARN instead of being a disruptive ne'er-do-well. Have fun USA, you earned it. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                    X