Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Random Acts of Ring Rambling: Audley, Price, Rios, Harris

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Random Acts of Ring Rambling: Audley, Price, Rios, Harris

By Thomas Gerbasi - Honesty is always in short supply in the fight game. Whether it’s promoters, publicists, managers, or trainers, the odds of getting a straight answer on anything is always hit or miss. Fighters may be the worst culprits, but also the ones most worthy of forgiveness, simply because to be a great fighter, or any fighter, for that matter, you have to have mastered the art of lying.

You just got punched in the face. It didn’t hurt.

You just turned down a fight with someone you know will either beat you or give you hell. He can’t sell tickets or he priced himself out of the fight.

You’re getting ready for a fight destined to leave you bruised, battered, and in pain for the next two weeks. I love the war.

You just got knocked down, your head is spinning, and the referee asks if you’re okay. I’m all right.

Do you want to continue? Yes.

So when 2000 Olympic Gold medal winner Audley Harrison admitted in a press release that he has “lived a lie in the amateurs and professional game,” it was a rare moment of honesty that makes it crystal clear that he understands what’s at stake in one of the weekend’s biggest fights, a Saturday clash with unbeaten rising star David Price in Liverpool. [Click Here To Read More]

Thomas Gerbasi, for your nickel knowledge, I have used "the Price is wrong" before in a thread comment.

Comment

Working...
    X