Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which boxers are the most disciplined out of the current generation?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which boxers are the most disciplined out of the current generation?

By disciplined I mean not drinking alcohol, having a great work ethic, being focused on boxing only, eating healthy, training regularly and being in shape all the time even if they don't have a fight lined up, no partying etc.

Out of the guys that retired recently you have Hopkins obviously, then there's also Andre Ward who I think haven't drunk any alcohol for more than a decade now and Wladimir Klitschko, a model professional athlete and a symbol of longevity. Floyd Mayweather should be included too. He had his issues in private life but he was very disciplined when it comes to training and preparation for fights. Those guys set a pretty high standard for the next generation.

Which boxers are the most disciplined out of the currently active fighters?

Golovkin and Canelo seem to be quite dedicated and disciplined. Lomachenko too. Not sure about Joshua. How hard working is the current generation of American boxers (Spence, Crawford, Thurman...)?

Out of the less disciplined ones you have Fury, Haye, Kovalev (unless he really changed his habits)... McGregor (if you count him as a boxer LOL)...
    Last edited by RedZmaja; 11-29-2017, 10:05 PM.

Originally posted by RedZmaja View Post
    By disciplined I mean not drinking alcohol, having a great work ethic, being focused on boxing only, eating healthy, training regularly and being in shape all the time even if they don't have a fight lined up, no partying etc.

Out of the guys that retired recently you have Hopkins obviously, then there's also Andre Ward who I think haven't drunk any alcohol for more than a decade now and Wladimir Klitschko, a model professional athlete and a symbol of longevity. Floyd Mayweather should be included too. He had his issues in private life but he was very disciplined when it comes to training and preparation for fights.

Which boxers are the most disciplined out of the currently active fighters?

Golovkin and Canelo seem to be quite dedicated and disciplined. Lomachenko too. Not sure about Joshua. How hard working is the current generation of American boxers (Spence, Crawford, Thurman...)?

Out of the less disciplined ones you have Fury, Haye, Kovalev (unless he really changed his habits)... McGregor (if you count him as a boxer LOL)...
    I think Crawford seems pretty dedicated and Loma was a good one you named.You know just thinkin about it now Wilder and the Charlo bros never get much bad press outside of ring.Guys I don't think anybody would think of that way.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
      I think Crawford seems pretty dedicated and Loma was a good one you named.You know just thinkin about it now Wilder and the Charlo bros never get much bad press outside of ring.Guys I don't think anybody would think of that way.
      Wasn't Wilder choking some prostitutes in Las Vegas or something weird like this?

Crawford had his problems with the law, although that might not mean much since Floyd used to have them too. It's not a good sign though. Guys like Loma and Ward seem pretty professional in everything that they do and stay out of trouble.

How do you think Rigondeaux is like? He seems quite disciplined and hard working. Long career, Olympic athlete...

Comment

Wasn't Wilder choking some prostitutes in Las Vegas or something weird like this?

Crawford had his problems with the law, although that might not mean much since Floyd used to have them too. It's not a good sign though. Guys like Loma and Ward seem pretty professional in everything that they do and stay out of trouble.

How do you think Rigondeaux is like? He seems quite disciplined and hard working. Long career, Olympic athlete...
        Yea cant say ive hreard anything negative(Rigo) he is good pick.Never heard of Wilder thing but have not heard many stories of him or Chalo boys getting drunk or drug storys.But they there still kinda new.B Jack would be one I have heard is pretty dedicated don't seem to fall into promoters life(even though he as u said he was very dedicated)Tank Davis seems to be going the Broner way too bad.

Comment

Anthony Joshua, Vasyl Lomachenko, Erroll Spence Junior, even though he is not a champion at the moment? David Haye.

These guys pretty much live like Olympic athletes, in boxing there is still a tendency for fighters to get badly out of shape between fights.

(To be fair, I have not seen much of Errol Spence Junior lifestyle! I have just presumed he has taken after Floyd Mayweather etc)...

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
            David Haye.

These guys pretty much live like Olympic athletes, in boxing there is still a tendency for fighters to get badly out of shape between fights.
            David Haye likes to party though, I'm not sure he's totally focused on boxing when he doesn't have a fight lined up. He did seem to take it more seriously after he lost to Bellew but now his body can't take it anymore.

Before the Bellew fight he was literally training on a yacht and partying.

It seems that he can have a great work ethic when he motivates himself though.

Comment

David Haye likes to party though, I'm not sure he's totally focused on boxing when he doesn't have a fight lined up. He did seem to take it more seriously after he lost to Bellew but now his body can't take it anymore.

Before the Bellew fight he was literally training on a yacht and partying.

It seems that he can have a great work ethic when he motivates himself though.
              He does not drink alcohol, just enjoys being in that environment (I think he stopped drinking alcohol at 29 years of age! I can remember him mentioning this! David Haye has always been brutal on himself in training, probably even over train's at times! Which in my opinion, is why he picks up unnecessary injuries.)

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 11-29-2017, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                He does not drink alcohol, just enjoys being in that environment (I think he stopped drinking alcohol at 29 years of age! I can remember him mentioning this)
                How many elite boxers out there drink alcohol anyway? There seem to be very few of them. Boxers are the most disciplined athletes out there.

Fury drinks booze and there's Sergey "The Vodka Krusher" Kovalev (although he said that he stopped this summer) and before that you had Ricky Fatton.

Otherwise I can't really remember any out of my head right now.

Compare that to MMA where they all drink like Jon Jones, Bisping, Conor, Diaz brothers, Cowboy Cerrone...

Comment

How many elite boxers out there drink alcohol anyway? There seem to be very few of them. Boxers are the most disciplined athletes out there.

Fury drinks booze and there's Sergey "The Vodka Krusher" Kovalev (although he said that he stopped this summer) and before that you had Ricky Fatton.

Otherwise I can't really remember any out of my head right now.

Compare that to MMA where they all drink like Jon Jones, Bisping, Conor, Diaz brothers, Cowboy Cerrone...
                  Fighters do not have structure around them like other sports.But I would say partly because of that they are one of least disciplined athalets.You might not hear as many stories in news because they are less stories on boxing.

Comment

Canelo has great work ethic

specially considering how young he is, and that he isn't married

One would think a rich, bachelor guy at that age would be partying like crazy and getting into trouble, Chavez Jr style

Comment

Working...
                    X