Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments: Khan's own fault for going to DC.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments: Khan's own fault for going to DC.

Really, business-wise, what was he thinking? How arrogant does he have to be?

The first fight should have been in Vegas. Dumb move going to the challenger's hometown, in a big fight, the first in 20 years, against a crazy crowd and incompetent ref. Props to Khan for manning up though. It's rare in boxing that such a young champion with a lot at stake would do that.

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
    Really, business-wise, what was he thinking? How arrogant does he have to be?

The first fight should have been in Vegas. Dumb move going to the challenger's hometown, in a big fight, the first in 20 years, against a crazy crowd and incompetent ref. Props to Khan for manning up though. It's rare in boxing that such a young champion with a lot at stake would do that.
    He's too ballsy for his own good. The biggest problem though was the ref choice, the judges scoring seemed ok.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKza View Post
      He's too ballsy for his own good. The biggest problem though was the ref choice, the judges scoring seemed ok.
      True, that ref was awful. I was shaking my head with Khan and all his "I'm bringing boxing back to DC"

LMAO, apparently he forgot he was fighting the hometown guy?

Comment

Khan should get some praise for challenging a fighter on his home turf shows something too not always have the comfort of your surroundings.
        The biggest mistake was the ref choice why would they allow such an unknown incompetant on HBO in a world title fight between 2 belt organizations that was the best ref they could get??

Comment

how is this khan's fault? it's customary in boxing that a fight between an american, and a non american is staged in the US. there's more money, better TV infrastructure, more exposure. just a bigger market. even klitschkos fight in the US if there is an opportunity.
          so i see nothing wrong with khan's decision to fight in the DC. he simply lost and that's it. we can discuss the details but he just didn't do enough and has much to work on in the next months. he can forget mayweather without significant improvements in his boxing style.

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
            Khan should get some praise for challenging a fighter on his home turf shows something too not always have the comfort of your surroundings.
            The biggest mistake was the ref choice why would they allow such an unknown incompetant on HBO in a world title fight between 2 belt organizations that was the best ref they could get??
            Oh yeah, the ref choice also boggled my mind that much more. I had honestly never heard of him before ever, and I've been watching boxing for 15+ years.

Comment

Lamont Peterson made adjustments despite his crappy corner.

Amir Khan and Roach didn't adjust worth a ****.

Comment

Working...
              X