No announcement yet.

Earnie Shavers Video.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earnie Shavers Video.

The video starts of with Bert Sugar talking about Shavers, and ends with Shavers' knockout of Jimmy Ellis.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F-_w...rnie%20shavers

Freakish power. His body shots must have hurt like hell.

Although i dont exactly agree that only one man(Especially not Baer) had a punch as hard as him.

Comment

nice vid...love the music!

Comment

I'd rather get hit by a speeding car than take a liver shot by that guy. Great vid.

Comment

I agree with Bert, I don't think even Foreman hit as hard as Baer or Shavers. This forum needs to step back and smell the nutsack it's members have been collectively chewing on. Foreman hit extremely hard but he was often an arm puncher. Perhaps he was the most heavy handed heavyweight in history, but not the most powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Achilles
            I agree with Bert, I don't think even Foreman hit as hard as Baer or Shavers. This forum needs to step back and smell the nutsack it's members have been collectively chewing on. Foreman hit extremely hard but he was often an arm puncher. Perhaps he was the most heavy handed heavyweight in history, but not the most powerful.
            The Reason I say Foreman is the hardest hitter is because of exactly why you said he's not, he only used arm punches..Can you imagine him if he put his weight behind his punches, though I think he's a little big to effectively do so but who knows...Shavers is also a hard hitter, and Baer is underrated strength...Baer was the Shavers and Foreman of the 40's....

Comment

Wow so that's what Bert looked like way back when he was in his 90's.

Comment

Ha ha good one Ninja! I'd karma you but I can't.

Comment

It's a shame that he was never a champ. I respect him regardless.

Comment

Honestly he just didn't have the chin to match that punch. He was hurt early vs. light hitting Ellis as well as in the begining of his fight with Ali.

Great man, PHENOMENAL PUNCHER, but merely a good contender in the grand scheme of things.

He deserves all of our respect though.

Comment

Working...
                    X