• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prince naseem hamed

hi guys
    what happen to prince naseem we don;t c him fight
    is there any wrong with him ?

The only thing that "happened" to the Prince is that he retired from boxing. I suppose he lost the motivation to keep fighting. After his first (and only) loss in his second to last fight, he really didnīt seem to care too much about the sport anymore. In his last fight, he looked bored and unfocused, winning an unconvincing bout against a clubfighter.

It has been rumored that Hamed is about to return to the ring, but this I have to see to believe. He has made comeback promises before. I suppose we have seen the last of Hamed. Just as well, I guess. Even though I loved him as a figure, I canīt see him being able to bring back the glory days. He is past 30, havenīt fought in a long time and probably doesnīt have the needed self esteem anymore. In addition to this, he has got more than enough money, so he doesnīt need to keep fighting.

Comment

there's always a rumor of him coming back, as many as there have been i start to think they are complete bull**** that someone has started just to make a story.
      i always did like the prince but he's gone

Comment

Hamed is the "exposed" poster child. He defines what it means to be exposed. He lacked the mental toughness to place himself in front of another top-tier Mexican, which was exactly what was required for him to redeem himself. Marquez was there, hamed walked away. Barrera was a rematch that people would have paid for, Hamed walked away.

Hamed did not retire, he was retired. How else do you account for a guy in his prime walking away?

Comment

Hamed's not coming back. He's finished. Kaput.

Comment

Naz is done and I am okay with that. The guy ruled featherweight for about five years, most careers are not that good. And in the process he was a phenom who made some serious coin. What is it about British fighters who know when to quit, and why can't it rub off on some more American fighters!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by kdr
              hi guys
              what happen to prince naseem we don;t c him fight
              is there any wrong with him ?
              if you cant be bothered to look through the thread on the same friggin page as the one you just started which is basically the same. I cant be bothered to reply properly.

Comment

Originally posted by NiGe2011
                Naz is done and I am okay with that. The guy ruled featherweight for about five years, most careers are not that good. And in the process he was a phenom who made some serious coin.
                He ruled the last two years by avioding Marquez, now THAT'S impressive. Then he faces Barrera, believing that he is not as skilled as Marquez.

Avoiding Marquez and getting his ass handed to him by Barrera. That's a hell of a way to "rule".

Comment

I think he was just totaly overrated, i can't really think of any well known names he beat exept aging ones such as, kevin kelly and tom "boom boom" johnson. Been a long time since naz has fought so my memory might be a bit rusty on that.

Comment

a lot of boxers always talk about making come backs because its strange being out of the boxing loop, but after this ammount of time and the ammount of money he has, i dont see it happening.

Comment

Working...
                    X