No announcement yet.

Macklin calls Lee out for May 11

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macklin calls Lee out for May 11

Matthew Macklin has challenged Irish middleweight rival Andy Lee to put up or shut up following Lee’s claims over the weekend that Macklin would be one of his “easier” fights. Lee made the claim after a points win over Anthony Fitzgerald in Belfast having already called out Macklin in a recent radio interview where he said, “That’s definitely the fight I want so now I think it’s time for us to get it on. We’re fighters so why not fight each other. We’re both with the same promoter so there are no obstacles really.”

Both men are under contract to US promoter Lou DiBella and Macklin says it’s time for Lee’s actions to match his words. “Lou has a HBO television date for May 11th and I know he wants to match myself and Andy on that show,” revealed Macklin. “We’re both promoted by Lou so as Andy himself said there are no obstacles to making the fight. It could be made in 5 minutes, Lou has a TV date for it and I want the fight so the only question is does Andy really want it' rest off article on fight-news.

Good fight. The title should read "Macklin answers Lee" cause Lee was the one who called him out. Props to both guys tho.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Macklin will flatten Lee.

Comment

As a big Lee fan it pains me too say Macklin wins a ud here.Against a tough but extremely limited opponent at the weekend Andy was getting hit far too much at this stage his defence is bad joke that keeps getting worse Macklin pressures effectively the entire fight too win a ud.

Comment

Lee vs Barker/Macklin would be fine by me

Comment

Macklin/Lee and Barker/Proksa, winners fight each other.

Comment

That's the best that can be done for the replay of the Floyd vs Guerrero (as of this morning, at least on BoxRec) fight? They gave the date to DiBella?

Hopefully it's a double header or something.

Comment

Working...
              X