The Training Diary of Seraph_17

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Training Diary of Seraph_17

A little about me-

I am 17, been in the martial arts since I was 8, did 3 years of TKD then 2 and a half of point kickboxing (yes I know they are lame) and then did 1 and a half years of Judo. Took the last couple of months off due to exams etc. Going to go to a shootfighting club in 2/3 weeks (I'll be the only guy my age/size there! Very nervous! All the guys there are pretty big in their twenties/thirties!)

Until then decided I had better start training again and get back in shape while I have motivation.

Today at 9:00pm uk time did-

BOXING - 3x5min rds on my heavybag

Did pretty hard combos, tried to work my right hand hard, ended up tearing it apart on the very thick canvas of my heavybag so ended up just using my left for the last round. Had to put some ice on my right after but its ok now. My hands are **** slow, really annoyed me cos I was damn quick when I used to kickbox. Suprised that my stamina was ok and I was pretty sweaty but I could have managed more rounds.

I would do a lot more but its kinda late, gonna do loads of training tommrow with some friends of mine in my garage.

2 pm Today did 2x5 minute rounds on the heavy bag (just hands).

Then did about 30 min grapplling with a friend, then we did another 30 minutes doing grappling but punches included standing and on the ground.

My submissions are noticably slow and not technical enough. Worked on my spral, scramble and standup punching quite well when we included punches, I felt I got taken down too many times tough.

Comment

CRAP Didn't train at all today, I had to go out to town and I lost track of time, too late to train now...I'll have to make up for it tommrow....VERY pissed off with myself.

Comment

don't get mad at yourself, this kinda **** happens.

i try to do one of my training sessons early in the mornin when i wake up so as not to get distracted by my activities throughout the day.

Comment

11:00 am-

Stretching
          2 miles on stationary cycle
          3x5min rounds on heavybag (all strikes).
          Right hand is still sore so mainly working on my left hand and including round kicks into my combos, devloped a good round kick-one-two combo similar to the Cro-Cop/Sapp KO.

2:00pm
          Tried to start incorporating Chris Chaos beggining boxing routine.

Stretching
          2x2min rds shadowboxing
          4x2min rds heavybag punching
          2x2min rds skipping
          25 sit ups
          4 sets of 10 press ups

Feel much better about myself now I've done a lot more, gonna try and keep this up consistently.

Comment

1:00pm- 2 miles stationary cycle
            Heavy Bag 3x5 min rds (hands only)

7:00pm- Light Stretching
            2x2min rds Shadowboxing
            4X2min Rds HeavyBag (hands only)

Would have done more but got distracted in my second workout with a ready made meal.

Comment

2:00pm -2 miles stationary cycle
              Heavy Bag 3x5 min rds (hands only)

Missed my second workout, got caught up watching jackass the movie (dammit!).

Comment

6:00pm-

Stretching
                2x2min rds shadowboxing
                4x2min rds heavybag punching
                2x2min rds skipping
                25 sit ups
                4 sets of 10 press ups

Woke up late and missed my first training session, gonna try my hardest tommrow to fit both workouit sessions into my day.

Comment

seraph are you only doing stand up and conditioning?

Comment

Yes pretty much, I am going to be training at a shootfighting club in about 2 weeks so I will be doin groundwork then also......

My weight training program will start in about 3/4weeks i belive....

Comment

Working...
                    X