No announcement yet.

GSP vs Diaz in December

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSP vs Diaz in December

it appears the first major cross-promotional fight between the ufc and strikeforce could be coming to a head within the next few days.

After beating jake shields at ufc 129 in toronto, it looked like georges st-pierre had all but cleaned out the best of the best in the welterweight division… except for one person. That one person is on the verge of signing to face st-pierre later this year in a 170-pound title bout.

Nick diaz is likely to face st-pierre for his next ufc welterweight title defense in 2011, with all signs pointing towards a december showdown in montreal.

Sources have indicated to mmaweekly.com that a deal is imminent and the fight could be announced as early as next week. Like any potential deal, there is always the chance something could change at the 11th hour, but st-pierre vs. Diaz is almost a certainty at this point.
    war diaz!

GSP by easy first round stoppage Diaz is garbage.

Comment

Y'all know i'm routing for GSP, but I'm not as sure as Tech that he'll win. I don't like Nick due to a lack of respect for his style. He has proven to be very good at his chosen way of striking. My problem with his feather fist fu style is it bores me. It's kind of hard to get boring TKO's, but that mostly what I see from Nick.....GSP, as of late, has been displaying similairly a boring ass way of fighting. What's worse is at least Nick tends to put his opponents away. GSP plays it safe these days. I'm not so sure playing it safe is the way to approach Diaz.

Comment

Are you serious 718? Diaz is very tough on his feet and on the ground. He doesn't have GSP's skills but aside from a cut or freak injury I wouldn't pick anyone in the division to stop him in the first round, or in 5 rounds to be honest.

Diaz is a tough test, he isn't weak in either area unlike GSP's recent opponents (Shields had poor stand-up, Kos had respectable but not great standup, Hardy is poor off his back etc.) so is going to be a live dog whatever gameplan GSP comes in with.

Kaps, does this mean Diaz-Lacy is off?
        Last edited by Clegg; 05-21-2011, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Are you serious 718? Diaz is very tough on his feet and on the ground. He doesn't have GSP's skills but aside from a cut or freak injury I wouldn't pick anyone in the division to stop him in the first round, or in 5 rounds to be honest.

Diaz is a tough test, he isn't weak in either area unlike GSP's recent opponents (Shields had poor stand-up, Kos had respectable but not great standup, Hardy is poor off his back etc.) so is going to be a live dog whatever gameplan GSP comes in with.

Kaps, does this mean Diaz-Lacy is off?
          I'm not sure, GSP vs Diaz isn't 100% done yet either according to the article. LOL @ people saying Diaz is feather fisted, and an even bigger LOL @ people saying he's boring. I can only recall one boring Diaz fight ever.....

Comment

2-0-fkn-9

Comment

sooo that means no lacy fight??

Comment

GSP Wide UD.

Takedown, Control, GnP Repeat for 5 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by h4te View Post
                  GSP Wide UD.

Takedown, Control, GnP Repeat for 5 rounds.
                  idk diaz has pretty good take down defense and is pretty good fighting on his back and shields was able to land some pretty good right hands on gsp and diaz is a much better stand up fighter than shields so i can see this bein a very good fight

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
                    idk diaz has pretty good take down defense
                    LOL, No. Diaz has **** TDD
                    and is pretty good fighting on his back
                    Against who? GSP will muscle him around like a little kid.

and shields was able to land some pretty good right hands on gsp and diaz is a much better stand up fighter than shields so i can see this bein a very good fight
                    GSP only stood up because he had the advantage there over Shields. Diaz is getting taken down from the opening bell and he doesn't get up until the round ends. If anyone thinks Diaz and his featherweight strength and wrestling pedigree of a dutchman is going to be able to stop GSP from taking him down they are delusional.

Comment

Working...
                    X