No announcement yet.

Nailed my Any Given Sunday speech today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nailed my Any Given Sunday speech today

Ha! Today in Speech class for Homework we had to take a news story, monologue from a movie, book passage, or lyrics of a song, etc. and show articulation, pronunciation, pitch, volume, rate, pauses, movement, gestures, facial expressions, and eye contact. I picked Al Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday. I got 4 guys to stand up with me, and I gave the speech and aced it. Every one loved it, the proff gave me a 10 out of 10 score and she even asked if I have acted before because I "did somethings that actors naturally do"[she is a theater major]. I executed everything perfectly. This is my second 10 out of 10 speech in a row out of three i've done, my first one was 8 out of 10. I'm getting the hang of this.

I would've gone with "Hide yo wife hide yo kids"

Comment

good job kev....

maybe you should pursue an acting career

Comment

Nice job. Speech is something everyone fears in college because people hate public speaking, as do I!!

I did this as one of my speeches last year and had the entire class dying

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Nice job. Speech is something everyone fears in college because people hate public speaking, as do I!!

I did this as one of my speeches last year and had the entire class dying

That's funny as f-ck. Harvard, Jail, Prison. You know, in Prison, New Jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
            good job kev....

maybe you should pursue an acting career
            Two childhood friends are theater majors, they're really serious about it and they already work in theater plays. We all started together when we were like 13-14 years old. Recording, making our own skits and stuff. But I never took it any farther than that. Last time I did any acting was when I was 19. I use to just do it for fun, never to actually become an actor or anything. Plus it's hard as hell to actually make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              This is true, my first speech, the reason I got 8 out of 10 was because I was so nervous. But it looks like it was a one time only thing. Luckily i'm no longer nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                That's funny as f-ck. Harvard, Jail, Prison. You know, in Prison, New Jersey.
                This is a no fail if a prof has even a tiny bit sense of humor

I loved "clit, clit, clit"

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Two childhood friends are theater majors, they're really serious about it and they already work in theater plays. We all started together when we were like 13-14 years old. Recording, making our own skits and stuff. But I never took it any farther than that. Last time I did any acting was when I was 19. I use to just do it for fun, never to actually become an actor or anything. Plus it's hard as hell to actually make it.

Comment

Good job bro, in my acting class in college I did the presidents independence day speech from the movie... She said I nailed it too... Good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X