No announcement yet.

Rios is straight scared of the 140 pound division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rios is straight scared of the 140 pound division

What's sad about it is Im a Rios supporter but hes looking like a sucker right now. I really think he's scared of the 140 pound division. You got Peterson,
    khan,Maidana and Bradley. they are very good fights for Rios and very
    lucrative why is he killing himself at 135 the guy looks like a f**king corpse. Theres too many big fights at 140 for him to be doing this. Was he seriously expecting Gamboa to go for this if they were fighting Gamboa wouldve probally not even fought. Rios is looking real bad right now.

He was going to move there but gamboa called him out so he stayed at 135.damn do the posters here even follow the damn boxing news anymore??.he even said if gamboa wants him now he will have to come to 140 cause he is moving up

Comment

I don't like Rios, but I don't see any one at 140 to be particularly scared of.

Bradley is a WW now.

Peterson as good as he is, doesn't have scary power. Khan's chin is always questionable. Danny Garcia I like him but he's a pretty average fighter.

Maidana, Soto, Matthysse, Holt, Judah, Alvarado...none of these guys really scream "dangerous" to me. They're all winnable fights for Rios. If Bradley was still at 140, that's definitely a fight i'd say Rios would lose. And Peterson and Khan can also beat Rios. But neither of them are exactly scary fighters.

Comment

Except Bradley, theres nothing at 140 to be scared of

Probably Khan too

Comment

He shouldn't be scared of 140 but 147, that's no man's land for Rios.

Comment

The only reason why Rios is undeafeated is cuz he has a HUGE weight advantage on fight night. As soon as he fights someone his own size hes gonna get KTFO

Maidana or Matthysse would take him out in under 6 rounds guaranteed

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
              Bradley is a WW now.
              He'll come back down to defend his title at 140 after Pac taps that ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                He was going to move there but gamboa called him out so he stayed at 135.damn do the posters here even follow the damn boxing news anymore??.he even said if gamboa wants him now he will have to come to 140 cause he is moving up
                i know that, but if so why wasn't this replacement fight at 140. if im missing something let me know. i could be wrong

Comment

One needs to know that it would be very difficult to make a Rios-Maidana/Khan/Mattysse match up. Because of elementary school like bickering between 2 promotional companies. And, even then what does Rios have to be scared about either of those guys really?

Also, he was going to move to 140 before Gamboa called him out, agreed to fight. Rios said Gamboa would be the only 135 fight left before moving to 140. Then we know what Gamboa pulled and they picked up what can be considered a last minute type of opponent.

It has been said that if he wins tomorrow he and JMM might fight at 140 in July possibly.

Also they're talks of Rios-Alvarado at 140 being build up to a top 140 match up.

Really the only realistic options for Rios at 140 is Bradley, JMM, Peterson, and Alvarado. And, the only 2 to fear might be Bradley and JMM. However, with JMM age, and Bradley lack of power what is there to fear really.

The only thing I do worry about with Rios is that he might not only has outgrown the 135 division but he might be outgrowing the 140 division.

It might be about that time to hook up with Victor Conte or Mackie Shilstone someone who can help him move up to 147 where he would be to carry the weight well. Because, he might only have a few fights left at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    He'll come back down to defend his title at 140 after Pac taps that ass.
                    The only people who can tap Bradley's ass is the blind judges that Bob Arum pays. Otherwise, this is a fight Bradley should win.

Comment

Working...
                    X