Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: Joshua Was Not Mentally Prepared For Ruiz Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin: Joshua Was Not Mentally Prepared For Ruiz Fight

One week before his own return to Madison Square Garden, Gennadiy Golovkin took in a night at the fights at the famed venue for the United States debut of Anthony Joshua. He didn't at all like what he saw from the now-former unbeaten heavyweight titlist, who suffered a shocking 7th round stoppage at the hands of Andy Ruiz.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Let’s back up there triple HHH and set the records straight. Joshua’s CHIN wasn’t prepared for Ruiz and if that’s the case the man is in for a rude awakening because damn near every top ten HW hits harder than Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
      Let’s back up there triple HHH and set the records straight. Joshua’s CHIN wasn’t prepared for Ruiz and if that’s the case the man is in for a rude awakening because damn near every top ten HW hits harder than Ruiz.
      Why do you think that?

Joseph Parker fought both AJ and AR, and prior to the fight Parker said during an interview that Ruiz was the hardest puncher that he had faced to date. Thus, he considered Ruiz a stronger puncher than Joshua and Whyte, for example. What do you make of that? That neither Joshua nor Whyte are top 10 heavyweight punchers? Or, do you think that Parker is wrong?

You could clearly see that Ruiz had good punching power. Also his jabs to the body hurt Joshua badly, and set up his combinations to the head.

Comment

I don't think he took him lightly, he looked concussed in the ring, that was just from Ruiz power.

Comment

Atleast he didn't run backstage like a diva as soon as he lost, he took his loss like a man,showed his face in the press conference not wearing shades, something everyone can learn from including you ggg

Comment

Originally posted by nidaros997 View Post
            Why do you think that?

Joseph Parker fought both AJ and AR, and prior to the fight Parker said during an interview that Ruiz was the hardest puncher that he had faced to date. Thus, he considered Ruiz a stronger puncher than Joshua and Whyte, for example. What do you make of that? That neither Joshua nor Whyte are top 10 heavyweight punchers? Or, do you think that Parker is wrong?

You could clearly see that Ruiz had good punching power. Also his jabs to the body hurt Joshua badly, and set up his combinations to the head.
            I think Parker is blowing smoke. Myths are starting to get born in the aftermath of the fight due to the shock value. The facts speak for themselves in that Ruiz's KO percent (65%) is lower than Parkers (70%).

Sure Ruiz hits hard, he's a heavyweight, but its a bit like heralding Corrie Sanders power after he decked the early version of Wlad (Sanders KO percent 67).

AJ just fought an awful fight (as did Wlad vs Sanders) and paid the price. He'll pay the same price in the rematch if he fights the same.

Comment

I wouldn't necessarily say Joshua wasn't prepared, it's just that as soon as he put Ruiz down the plan went out the window. He lost all thought of defence, went all-in for the finish and caught a huge counter left to the temple which it seemed caused concussion judging by Joshua's total confusion and shaky legs for the rest of the fight.
              There is no HW that Joshua respects more than Klitschko, and he needs to take a page out of Wlad's book by taking a more controlled approach to finishing a fight. Sometimes an animal is at it's most dangerous when wounded, and this certainly seemed the case with Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by nidaros997 View Post
                Why do you think that?

Ruiz has great combination and cumulative power not one punch KO power. Hit any man enough that lacks sound defense and eventually that man will go down. I truly think AJ has greater power than does Ruiz. The difference is Ruiz has a better chin and faster recuperative powers.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
                  I wouldn't necessarily say Joshua wasn't prepared, it's just that as soon as he put Ruiz down the plan went out the window. He lost all thought of defence, went all-in for the finish and caught a huge counter left to the temple which it seemed caused concussion judging by Joshua's total confusion and shaky legs for the rest of the fight.
                  There is no HW that Joshua respects more than Klitschko, and he needs to take a page out of Wlad's book by taking a more controlled approach to finishing a fight. Sometimes an animal is at it's most dangerous when wounded, and this certainly seemed the case with Ruiz.
                  some good points , what's your prediction(likely sequence) on the rematch?...i believe Joshua will win the rematch and this chapter will only enhance the story of the legend in the making...life in general is filled with fickle people..one minute they're riding for you but the next minute something goes awry all your previous doings or accomplishments goes out the window and they're against you

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
                    Atleast he didn't run backstage like a diva as soon as he lost, he took his loss like a man,showed his face in the press conference not wearing shades, something everyone can learn from including you ggg
                    Key difference - Joshua was clearly beaten and KOd, and I agree he showed great sportsmanship and humility. That was nice to see.

GGG was pretty clearly the better man against Canelo in both fights but 3 people sitting at ringside in Vegas always end up favoring Canelo.

What do you want a guy to say after a shady decision/scorecards? Only thing they should really say if they stay in the ring is 'Thanks to the fans, congrats to my opponent, I will answer any questions in the post fight presser' etc.

The place to answer questions if you are on the losing end of a decision, especially if you disagree with the verdict, is in the post fight presser. Give the winner his moment and head to the locker room to decompress. No issue with a guy doing that, as long as he shows up for the press conference, which GGG did.

And he was gracious enough and didn't really make excuses for the poor decision from the judges. He knew in a way that he was selling his 0 to Canelo so he knew deep down he had to really destroy Canelo to get the win on the cards.

But yeah when you know you really won the fight I can understand a guy not wanting to answer Max's silly questions in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                    X