No announcement yet.

Beterbiev should retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beterbiev should retire

The guy has only fought in 11 fights, but he's already 32 years old and he pulls out of every damn fight that gets made. And he seems content with just fighting bums. He shows no interest in fighting good opponents and now, we will see him fight the featherfisted Enrico Koelling... The guy should just retire. This is a serious sport and if your heart isn't into it, then you could get seriously hurt.

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
    I think he pulled off once, right? From Karo Murat fight last year?
    Anyway, he beats Koelling and he's mandatory to Ward/Kovalev II.. Yeah, he should definitely retire. Contact Betterbiev manager, I'm sure he'll appriciate your advice.
    Do you really believe for one second that Beterbiev would dare to fight either Ward or Kovalev? It's a guaranteed loss for him.

Comment

maybe he has a goal to clear a million before he risk everything?

His last purse is $188,250 before taxes, fees etc.

Maybe he wants to clear a million or 2 or 3 before he risk his money maker which is his career, his record, his aura of a boxer, if he gets beat bad by any boxer then no one will care to see him again and his income will drop dramatically no matter who he fights next.

Hes in a rare opportunity where no one is really checking for him like that so it allows him to roll under the radar and stack up paychecks, I am sure most fighters would love to do that but most fighters get themselves into a position where they have to strike while the iron is hot.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CHAVEZ! View Post
        maybe he has a goal to clear a million before he risk everything?

His last purse is $188,250 before taxes, fees etc.

Maybe he wants to clear a million or 2 or 3 before he risk his money maker which is his career, his record, his aura of a boxer, if he gets beat bad by any boxer then no one will care to see him again and his income will drop dramatically no matter who he fights next.

Hes in a rare opportunity where no one is really checking for him like that so it allows him to roll under the radar and stack up paychecks, I am sure most fighters would love to do that but most fighters get themselves into a position where they have to strike while the iron is hot.
        thats cool...just make sure you are consistent with all fighters and how you critique their career/movement

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          thats cool...just make sure you are consistent with all fighters and how you critique their career/movement
          I always am.................

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
            Do you really believe for one second that Beterbiev would dare to fight either Ward or Kovalev? It's a guaranteed loss for him.
            ward i doubt would fight him since beterbiev has a more aggressive style and ward would have less of a chance to make it to decision adn rob him. kovalev already tried to fight him and offered him 500k and his career high payday was 188k? instead of taking this fight he took an eliminator for the chance to fight kovalev...so yea

Comment

Beterbiev is a bum beater and nothing but Al Haymon's bodyguard but it's not his fault, didn't you hear that he's trying to sue Yvon Michel for not giving him enough fights and title shot which was in the contract? Yvon failed to give Beterbiev what he promised in the contract so now Beterbiev trying to take his ass to court
              Last edited by g27region; 05-21-2017, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                Beterbiev is a bum beater and nothing but Al Haymon's bodyguard but it's not his fault, didn't you hear that he's trying to sue Yvon Michel for not giving him enough fights and title shot which was in the contract? Yvon failed to give Beterbiev what he promised in the contract so now Beterbiev trying to take his ass to court
                Yvon according to Beterbiev would pay him sometimes months after his bouts and what not.

Comment

I thought he just broke off with GYM, which is the ****tiest promotion in the game. His future is brighter now.

Comment

I think he pulled off once, right? From Karo Murat fight last year?
                    Anyway, he beats Koelling and he's mandatory to Ward/Kovalev II.. Yeah, he should definitely retire. Contact Betterbiev manager, I'm sure he'll appriciate your advice.
                    I'm moreso worried that Kovalev vs Ward winner will not be willing to fight him, to be honest.

He already ducked out of a fight with Kovalev, buddy.

Comment

Working...
                    X