Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lakers interested in Kyle Lowry, Greg Monroe, Trevor Ariza, and Channing Frye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakers interested in Kyle Lowry, Greg Monroe, Trevor Ariza, and Channing Frye

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-r...ye/2014/06/29/

Not sure about Lowry and Monroe, they'll command too much money and years, and LA needs to keep max flexibility for 2015.

Ariza and Frye on one year prove it deals would be good.

On top of that trade away Nash somehow to shed the 9M next year. Sign Darren Collison, and resign Marshall and Farmar. Sign Jodie Meeks (Young will want too much money IMO) Xavier Henry, they drafted Jordan Clarkson. Sign Ariza and maybe sign Bazemore back. They have Randle, re sign Kelly to come off the bench. Sign Frye, they have Sacre.

They'd have a starting 5 of Darren Collison, Kobe Bryant, Trevor Ariza, Julius Randle, and Channing Frye. Have Marshall, Farmar, Meeks, Henry, Bazemore, Kelly off the bench.

Not bad. Not a title contender by any means, but they'd be more competitive this year, while keeping max cap space for 2015 too.

Channing Frye is only good for shooting 3's. Keep his ass away from LA. Ariza & the rest would be okay, but the main thing the Lakers need is a new damn coach. D'Antoni's no defense having ass isn't cutting it. His style doesn't fit the Lakers personnel, and vice versa.

Comment

The Lakers are done as a top team for a while. I guess the fans are so used to success that they don't see that. Kobe took too much money for them to sign the talent needed to top some of these other teams. The West is simply too stacked.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamMerchant12 View Post
        Channing Frye is only good for shooting 3's. Keep his ass away from LA. Ariza & the rest would be okay, but the main thing the Lakers need is a new damn coach. D'Antoni's no defense having ass isn't cutting it. His style doesn't fit the Lakers personnel, and vice versa.
        D'Antoni resigned ages ago... They don't have a coach right now

But yeah I say bring Ariza back. He'll be cheap and fills a need

Comment

Keep in mind Monroe is restricted. Pistons can match any offer.

Comment

I don't see the point unless they land a superstar.. These guys aren't gonna turn lakers into a contender or even a playoff team.. They should just stay cheap and bad next year and rebuild instead of signing meaningless free agents..

Comment

Can't believe they ever got rid of Ariza. He was so huge for that team. He did all the little things.

BRING HIM BACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine Doe View Post
                Can't believe they ever got rid of Ariza. He was so huge for that team. He did all the little things.

BRING HIM BACK!
                Ariza was asking for too much at the time, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamMerchant12 View Post
                  Ariza was asking for too much at the time, if I'm not mistaken.
                  It was mostly because they gave Artest a five year deal instead.

I completely disagree with most of you. If they could pick up Lowry, Monroe, and Ariza to play alongside a Kobe that's healthy and still Kobe, while bringing back Gasol and making Randle the 6th man while he develops, I think they can make the playoffs.

Hell, if they get Deng instead of Ariza, Boozer instead of Gasol, then add Lowry and Monroe, then they can make the playoffs and make some noise while Randle is your Taj Gibson.

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
                    It was mostly because they gave Artest a five year deal instead.

I completely disagree with most of you. If they could pick up Lowry, Monroe, and Ariza to play alongside a Kobe that's healthy and still Kobe, while bringing back Gasol and making Randle the 6th man while he develops, I think they can make the playoffs.

Hell, if they get Deng instead of Ariza, Boozer instead of Gasol, then add Lowry and Monroe, then they can make the playoffs and make some noise while Randle is your Taj Gibson.

Only people that'd want that trade to happen are Bulls fans. Boozer won't do **** to help the Lakers, especially on defense.

Comment

Working...
                    X