do you remember what your first thought was when you found out about 9/11

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you remember what your first thought was when you found out about 9/11

????

bearing in mind that i was 25 at the time. Tito vs Bernard was scheduled for Sept. 15th and the absolute first thing that popped into my head was "Oh my God, I hope they don't cancel the fight".

in hindsight it was terrible but it goes to show how much i love my boxing.

do you remember?

I was 15 at the time and had crashed on a friend's couch the previous night. I woke up around 9AM and turned on the news as I always used to do first thing in the morning and watched CNN the entire morning. Left his house shortly after 12 and everybody in the city was buzzing about it. Some crazy middle aged chick even came rushing into a gas station I stopped off at screaming about the end of the world.

Comment

It was 2 in the afternoon in the UK when it happened. My first thought was "Some dumbass managed to crash a plane into the World Trade Centre". Then the second plane hit. And we all said "Fuck".

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        It was 2 in the afternoon in the UK when it happened. My first thought was "Some dumbass managed to crash a plane into the World Trade Centre". Then the second plane hit. And we all said "Fuck".
        every internet site on the web was jammed up to hell. I was at work and the only site we could connect to was some greek site that was playing the crashes over and over on a loop.

that was a surreal day. and so were the subsequent days after.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
          ????

bearing in mind that i was 25 at the time. Tito vs Bernard was scheduled for Sept. 15th and the absolute first thing that popped into my head was "Oh my God, I hope they don't cancel the fight".

do you remember?
          I got out the shower and saw out happening on TV and theft out was a fire and as I kept watching I see the second plane strike the second tower, I was in complete numbness, I got dressed and first thing I did was pick up my daughter from school, it was chaos in Jersey.
          I drove to a mountain in Paterson NJ and sat there with a bunch of people that were already there and your could see the NY skyline and we all watched the huge smoke cloud covering the city and listen to the radio...
          I still remember the first time I saw a plane in the sky after 9/11 and yes the fight was on my mind which was another disappointment...
          Last edited by -jose-; 10-19-2012, 07:38 AM.

Comment

I was 19 at the time and was in college. Went downstairs to see why the damn TV was so loud and bam. My fight thought was WHAT THE??!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
              ????

do you remember?
              That happened to me when Princess Diana died only when I went to all the Celtic games .I was going to an old firm game near that time and no luck it got cancelled , heavy gutted .

Comment

i said the same thing..im a huge tito fan so i was like damn is that by the arena...then the 2nd one hit and i was like f**k were at war....i went to get my bro n my lil cousin out of school because i was like bombs are about to hit us out of nowhere....

Comment

I was in 5th grade and kids just started to get called out of class by parents

Half were gone and i was hoping i would be next and i asked my teacher what was going on and he wouldnt tell me. Then my grandma go me and told me what happened

Comment

I was in my 7th grade civics class and I was hoping my mom was gonna pick me up since all the parents were bringing their kids home.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X