Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DiBella wants to get Edwin Rodriguez a shot at Arthur Abraham after his next defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiBella wants to get Edwin Rodriguez a shot at Arthur Abraham after his next defense

Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn
    Talked to @loudibella, who said he'd love to get Edwin Rodriguez shot at Arthur Abraham in his Dec 14 defense & they'd go to Germany for it.

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
    Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn
    Talked to @loudibella, who said he'd love to get Edwin Rodriguez shot at Arthur Abraham in his Dec 14 defense & they'd go to Germany for it.

As always, nice update Phantom; thanks for the news.

I actually like this fight for two reasons: 1.) I don't think Rodriguez has the punch, or is quite special enough to completely shut out Abraham, and limit periods of exchanges, and two-way action; 2.) I don't want Abraham to hold the belt hostage fighting bull**** mandatories, and journeyman masquerading as challengers.

Even in Germany (they have proved they are willing to right their past wrongs, and give traveling boxers a fair shake. LOL they didn't even give Huck the W against Ofalabi - a fight I thought he won by a round or two).

I still like Pavlik/Rodriguez better. I got Edwin 116-112 in this fight, but I think he'll have to survive a few scary moments. Abraham is a scary puncher.

Comment

Stylistically it's a winnable fight for Rodriguez. Location-wise, Germany? Terrible career move. Rodriguez will need to either knock down Arthur Abraham a pack of times, or knock him out. He's not winning a decision. And I don't think Rodriguez can even KD AA.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Stylistically it's a winnable fight for Rodriguez. Location-wise, Germany? Terrible career move. Rodriguez will need to either knock down Arthur Abraham a pack of times, or knock him out. He's not winning a decision. And I don't think Rodriguez can even KD AA.
        The same thing can be said here in the states when a foreign boxer comes to fight here. We see the robberies here all the time as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          The same thing can be said here in the states when a foreign boxer comes to fight here. We see the robberies here all the time as well.
          Places like Texas is what makes the US even be mentioned at all. The US robs it's own Americans against "foreigners" anyway, Whitaker-Chavez, Hopkins-Calzaghe, come to mind.

Comment

man Edwin has nice fluidity, decent craft, and slickness..he does things that you don't see out of that many fighters, kind of a throwback style....but he still gets hit so often these fights are gonna be some real action battles. I am looking forward to seeing his fights though because you can tell he's vulnerable.

I feel the same way about this fight as I do with Pavlik and that is both start chop down with right hands if Edwin can't maintain that perfect distance where he is pretty damn good. Doesn't need to be a prime Pavlik or AA to chop with a right when Edwin gets stuck in mud when he's too close and stays low. Two huge punchers who will give away rounds just to set you up. He'll be winning the fight on the cards...but IDK what happens if/when he gets hurts so it's hard to predict the outcome because I can see him knocked down

AA has his style down to a science.. as crude as he looks at times to the outside eye, he'll survive any onslaught, let you get tired and bait you. when he's good, he has a way of staying in and taking over fights slowly but surely

but Edwin has the style/skill to deal with AA because he has a low output and isn't as accurate from distance... so there might be less opportunity to get hurt since there isn't the threat of a hurtful jab like Kelly has. good action fights either way
            Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 10-01-2012, 11:06 PM.

Comment

ok fight ...while i view AA as a very limted fighter, rodriguez is easy to hit and with AA's ko power, i think he wins by KO

Comment

Places like Texas is what makes the US even be mentioned at all. The US robs it's own Americans against "foreigners" anyway, Whitaker-Chavez, Hopkins-Calzaghe, come to mind.

More robberies happen in the boxing capital of the US which is Vegas.

Hopkins lost that fight kiddo. One punch and faking low blows doesn't win you fights. Yea Whitaker did get robbed though.

Comment

I got Rodriguez winning a close decision, AB simply doesn't throw enough.

Comment

Geale won decisions in germany against the home fighter twice. Rodriguez can win, he got skills but he tends to get sloppy so AA will land his bombs. Interesting fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X