No announcement yet.

Franca vs Thompson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franca vs Thompson

I know a lot of people were upset about the decison, and I am not here to comment on that. I am, however, going to rant about Franca getting screwed. I saw a brief clip of the bout and this allowed made me scream for a no-contest. Franca had just landed a MAJOR right hand and dropped Thompson to the ground. Franca was landing some serious leather to the head of Thomson and Larry Landless move in and kind of pushed Franca. He then hopped over to the other side and Thompson ended up getting to guard. The problem was Franca thought Landless had stopped the fight so he stopped punching! Thats what allowed Thompson to get his guard and saved his life.

I am not arguing about the decison. I may or may not argee with it (I haven't see the whole fight yet) and even if I don't, if you let the fight go the 3 rounds, its your fault and you can't blame anyone but yourself.

The thing I do have a problem with was Landless seeming to stop the fight, then backing away like nothing happend. Thats where Franca got screwed

http://www.fightsport.com/fsport/jsp...Id2=0&Id=97751

This is a frame by frame verison of it

Comment

Re: Franca vs Thompson

Originally posted by Allan the Magic Goose
      ... Franca was landing some serious leather to the head of Franca and Larry Landless move in and kind of pushed Franca. Thats where Franca got screwed
      :?: Que?

I have heard from different people that the decision was fair. I think it's only fair if Hermes gets a rematch because of the situation that you pointed out and basically just because it was an extremely close match,

On a side note, I am not trying to insinuate anything, but as of late Mr. Landless has been becoming the center of attention during fights...We all know that a ref is doing a good job when people can't even notice that he's there. Maybe Larry should remember that.

Comment

if you look on the underground you can find a Gif file that shows the whole motion. Its better to judge off that.

a rematch should be in order.

Comment

That sucks. Someone needs to have a long talk with Landless.

Comment

Working...
          X