No announcement yet.

Ricardo "finito" Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricardo "finito" Lopez

How come they keep on saying that mayweather might be trying to beat marciano's record but nobody mentions finito?..he had 52 fights and cero losses,is it because the draw?..What you guys think?

It's because nobody cares about straw weight

Comment

I never understood that either, the man was 51-0-1, 23-0-1 in championship fights, bar none the best minimum weight in history, and nobody talks about him anymore, they always say Marciano's undefeated record, well a draw is not a loss, so to me the undefeated record is held by Ricardo Lopez.

Comment

dont nobody care about a 112 pound fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
          How come they keep on saying that mayweather might be trying to beat marciano's record but nobody mentions finito?..he had 52 fights and cero losses,is it because the draw?..What you guys think?
          i would green k you just for the name of the thread finito was the greatest yet people fail to appreciate the lighter weight division.

Comment

Agreed. No losses, and Finito had a great 'have bags will travel mentality' fighting on any continent. Regardless of what some might think of straw weight etc, he was a legit champion with knockout power and as skilled as anyone who has ever been.

Comment

22 title defenses too.

I think the draw may have something to do with it, not sure.

Comment

I agree. I'm not sure if people look past him because of that draw, or because he's a smaller weight fighter. Whatever the reason it's pretty crazy.

Comment

Because he doesn't have a perfect record and his "record" isn't famous like Marciano's is.

Comment

Lack of interest in the lower weights. Shame too.

Comment

Working...
                    X