• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Heavy Rain gets an 8.8 on ign

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1068397p1.html

IGN uk gave it a 9.0

Comment

IGN reviews are the opinion of 1 person, look at reviews from multiple sources to get a fairer view of how good the game is. The scores at Metacritic are much better than IGN because they add all the scores up from 30+ sites/reviews and give you the average score. That being said Heavy Rain has got a average score of 89 which isn't far off from what IGN gave it.

Comment

I don't get this game.. Can you even call it a game? It's like sitting through a slow movie with constant loading going on. Saw a clip from the demo.. It makes you push buttons to bring up a freaking inhaler because you're an uninspirering obesed dude about to have some sort of Asthma attack. I don't think this is a ''game'' for me.
        Last edited by Grand Champ; 02-11-2010, 07:26 AM.

Comment

i played the demo and i liked it a lot more than i thought i would...

i originally had nothing for this game, but after the demo it seems like it'd be a great game to get all caught up in

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
            I don't get this game.. Can you even call it a game? It's like sitting through a slow movie with constant loading going on. Saw a clip from the demo.. It makes you push buttons to bring up a freaking inhaler because you're an uninspirering obesed dude about to have some sort of Asthma attack. I don't think this is a ''game'' for me.
            Did you play Indigo Prophecy on PS2 or Xbox?? It's one of my top 3 game of last-gen system. I know it's a slow game and it's not designed for everyone, but I liked every minute of it. Like you said, it's like playing a movie and being the hero in it.

Comment

I dunno, this game looked pretty boring to me.

Graphics looked amazing, but it just seemed real boring.

Comment

I guess he went for IGN AUS because they gave the lowest rating to Heavy Rain.. oh well,

GameRankings 91.61%
                Metacritic 90/100

1UP.com A-
                Eurogamer 9/10
                Famitsu 37/40
                Game Informer 9.5/10
                GamePro 5/5
                GamesMaster 91%
                IGN 9.0/10
                Official PlayStation Magazine (US) 5/5 stars
                Official PlayStation Magazine (UK) 9/10
                IGN US gave it a 9.0
                Last edited by Ether; 02-11-2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Its like an advanced point-and-click game. Or shenmue without the Martial Arts basically.

The intriguing thing is that it has tons of different endings, depending on thing's that happen in the story.

Comment

I don't count IGN UK or AU, I ignore any other ratings and take into account IGN and Metacritic.

IGN UK and AU usually rate stuff much lower, UK rated the original uncharted 8.4 when in my opinion it was one of the best experiences both in terms of gameplay, graphics and story this generation. Metacritic has it at 88 atleast 4 marks up.

Too prove it's not just with PS3 exclusives (though it does happen often) AU ranked Halo an 8.9 when the metacritic average is 94 or in the case of Just Cause a dreadfully average game (with some potential) though average nonetheless i gave out an 8.8 when IGN US gave out a 6.8 I have played the game myself and it's NOT a 8.8

From the Demo and yes it was just a demo Heavy Rain in only 10-15 minutes managed to give me a experience within a game like no other. I haven't ever played a game like that. I had already invested in the characters that quickly and at one point during the demo fight scene my heart was actually racing.
                    Last edited by Ryn0; 02-11-2010, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X