No announcement yet.

50-0 Mayweather carefully breaks historic Marciano record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50-0 Mayweather carefully breaks historic Marciano record

Will anyone be able to beat Mayweather's historic 50-0 record?

I dont see anyone touching it for decades.

As far as champions go GGG(37-0) and Ward(34-0) had a shot but they probably don't have the time left to win enough fights. Wilder is 31 and 38-0 but will likely lose to several before retiring.

Originally posted by el*** View Post
    I dont see anyone touching it for decades.
    Same with you and women.

Comment

Unless of course he chooses to fight again and loses. Marciano's 49-0 record is a big deal because he was a popular heavyweight who knew when to hang them up. i.e. quit undefeated. Nino Benvenuti was 65-0 before losing to Emile Griffith and JC Chavez was 87-0 - what if either had retired before their first loss would we have thought Chavez 37 fights better than Mayweather and Benvenuti 15 fights better? Of course not, it is a silly way to look at it.

Someone else will win more than 50 fights in a row (there have been more than a few; there will be more) and it will only become 'historic' if he then quits before losing. It seems being 'historic' is all in knowing when to quit.

Sorry that should have read Ki-Soo Kim for Benvenuti's loss.
      Last edited by Dempsey-Louis; 08-27-2017, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey-Louis View Post
        It seems being 'historic' is all in knowing when to quit.
        Well it is. I mean how many do we have at this point? Lennox Lewis who has an asterisk on it. Joe Calzaghe maybe. People like Ottke don't count for obvious reasons.

Comment

Ricardo Lopez

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
            Ricardo Lopez
            51-0-1

get with the program

Comment

Some Thai 115lb mfer will go 70 something & 0 & retire in the next 5-10 years & no one will talk about this perfect record stat, that mainly only white racists or black racists give a f#ck about, again thank you Satan.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                51-0-1

get with the program
                That's not a loss, genius.

Comment

To finish a Hall of Fame worthy career undefeated and untied is quite an accomplishment.

Some unknown Thai fghter breaking the record against unremarkable opposition wouldn't really have the same gravitas, would it?

Comment

Roman Gonzalez had the best chance.

Comment

Working...
                    X