Antonio Tarver made over a $1 million for his fight vs Lateef Kayode

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antonio Tarver made over a $1 million for his fight vs Lateef Kayode

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
    From Cali commission, 6/2 purses for Home Depot Center card on @SHOsports:Tarver $ 1M, Kayode $130K, Winky $200K, Quillin $130K, Trout $100K

How did he make so much dough on such a meaningless fight????????????

Boxing is dead though

Comment

My reaction was..."is that all?" Tarver is a big name fighter, I'm surprised that's all he made.

Comment

Antonio "Money Man" Tarver

Comment

Considering he works for the network, I'm sure that had a lot to do with it.

Comment

Only logical explanation I can think of is that it must have included his purse + a payment in advance covering 5 years(2013-2018) for his services as a Showtime ringside analyst.

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
              Only logical explanation I can think of is that it must have included his purse + a payment in advance covering 5 years(2013-2018) for his services as a Showtime ringside analyst.

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
                Thats funny **** dude.

Comment

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
                  danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
                  From Cali commission, 6/2 purses for Home Depot Center card on @SHOsports:Tarver $ 1M, Kayode $130K, Winky $200K, Quillin $130K, Trout $100K

How did he make so much dough on such a meaningless fight????????????
                  first of all it wasnt a meaningless fight. kayodee isnt a star or a very good fighter imo but he is highly regarded as a prospect none the less and showtime has invested in him alot. more importantly tarver is still one of the biggest names in the sport. tarver is one of the best CWs in the world, has a title and by far the biggest name in the division. kayodee has a entertaining style, an undefeated record and all that i mentioned previously. it wasnt a meaningless fight at all.

im suprised they all made so little, winky in particular.

Comment

Tarver ain't one of the best CW in the world at all. Although it wasn't a meaningless fight, i believe it belonged on shobox or espn. 1 mill for that is too much, but good on tarver for making the deal. A waste of money on showtimes part imo

Comment

Working...
                    X