Keith kizer says change may be coming for nsac drug-testing policies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith kizer says change may be coming for nsac drug-testing policies

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content9629.html

According to Executive Director Keith Kizer, the drug-testing policies of the Nevada State Athletic Commission might be forced to change in the very near future. The revelation comes on the heels of the discovery that UFC light heavyweight contender Thiago Silva submitted a fake urine sample following his victory over Brandon Vera at UFC 125 this past January. A complaint filed by NSAC alleges that Silva submitted "an adulterated and/or substituted urine specimen" and that it "is inconsistent with human urine."

"I we think might have to take it a step further," Kizer would tell MMAjunkie.com when questioned about the case. It's the second time in the past 5 years that a fighter has been caught trying to submit a fake urine sample. The first time happened back in 2006, when former UFC heavyweight champion Kevin Randleman did it prior his bout with Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at PRIDE 32. Although Randleman's deception was eventually discovered, it wasn't until after the bout had already taken place. "We might get fooled, so we've got to be very vigilant on that," Kizer added. "It might be a situation where inspectors have to go really close and look."

Ultimately, Silva's victory over Vera will be changed to a no-contest and the Nevada State Athletic Commission will no doubt issue him some type of suspension and fine, but the more question is what will they do to ensure something like this doesn't continue to happen in the future? Is it time for the Nevada State Atheletic Commission to make serious changes to their drug-testing policies in order to protect fighters before their fights actually take place? Considering that Vera received a severely broken nose, as well as his release from the UFC, following the loss to Silva, I would say yes!

Originally posted by J-A-D-AKISS View Post

According to Executive Director Keith Kizer, the drug-testing policies of the Nevada State Athletic Commission might be forced to change in the very near future. The revelation comes on the heels of the discovery that UFC light heavyweight contender Thiago Silva submitted a fake urine sample following his victory over Brandon Vera at UFC 125 this past January. A complaint filed by NSAC alleges that Silva submitted "an adulterated and/or substituted urine specimen" and that it "is inconsistent with human urine."

"I we think might have to take it a step further," Kizer would tell MMAjunkie.com when questioned about the case. It's the second time in the past 5 years that a fighter has been caught trying to submit a fake urine sample. The first time happened back in 2006, when former UFC heavyweight champion Kevin Randleman did it prior his bout with Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at PRIDE 32. Although Randleman's deception was eventually discovered, it wasn't until after the bout had already taken place. "We might get fooled, so we've got to be very vigilant on that," Kizer added. "It might be a situation where inspectors have to go really close and look."

Ultimately, Silva's victory over Vera will be changed to a no-contest and the Nevada State Athletic Commission will no doubt issue him some type of suspension and fine, but the more question is what will they do to ensure something like this doesn't continue to happen in the future? Is it time for the Nevada State Atheletic Commission to make serious changes to their drug-testing policies in order to protect fighters before their fights actually take place? Considering that Vera received a severely broken nose, as well as his release from the UFC, following the loss to Silva, I would say yes!
    They don't watch these guys piss for the test? I remember in college when they did the drug testing, they had NCAA officials with us in the restroom to make sure it was OUR urine going into the cup. It was pretty uncomfortable I might add.

Comment

Originally posted by J-A-D-AKISS View Post

Only foolproof system is to legalize all PEDs.

Comment

Originally posted by VWEBBJR View Post
        They don't watch these guys piss for the test? I remember in college when they did the drug testing, they had NCAA officials with us in the restroom to make sure it was OUR urine going into the cup. It was pretty uncomfortable I might add.
        Damn, really? were the just in the same room or were they staring at you dick?

Either way apparently it needs to be done, either that, blood testing, or just make PED use manditory.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
          Damn, really? were the just in the same room or were they staring at you dick?

Either way apparently it needs to be done, either that, blood testing, or just make PED use manditory.
          LOL. Not necessarily staring at it, but watching you, if you know what I mean.

Comment

How stupid do you have to be to submit non Human urine? Did he just collect his dog's p*ss?

And that is strange that NSAC wouldn't supervise the urine collection. That's probably all they're going to change, although randomizing urine tests (especially out of competition) would make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by VWEBBJR View Post
              The only time i've had to have a piss test i was watched by a male "doctor" to make sure it was my piss going in and not a bag of someone elses. there was no way i could have put in someone elses urine that day, no way at all.

the fact professional sporting bodies cant do it right doesnt surprise me, i think half of the time they are relaxed on purpose to avoid damaging business.

Comment

good. the nsac needs to get out of the stone age of drug testing. its way too easy to cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
                  The only time i've had to have a piss test i was watched by a male "doctor" to make sure it was my piss going in and not a bag of someone elses. there was no way i could have put in someone elses urine that day, no way at all.

the fact professional sporting bodies cant do it right doesnt surprise me, i think half of the time they are relaxed on purpose to avoid damaging business.
                  Absolutely man. It was the same way for me. And, its quite sad that this happened. I also agree with the bold, which is why I don't think we will see blood testing done by the commissions.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                    How stupid do you have to be to submit non Human urine? Did he just collect his dog's p*ss?

And that is strange that NSAC wouldn't supervise the urine collection. That's probably all they're going to change, although randomizing urine tests (especially out of competition) would make sense.
                    It probably wasn't animal urine. I think they sell an artificial urine to beat tests, but i'm not sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X