Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Manny Stewards beef with Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Manny Stewards beef with Mayweather?

Seriously, every fight he has something negative to say about Floyd and the way he fights. He always comments during fights how "he can't land anything after the right hand", "never puts any combinations toghter", "just trying to win on points, "doesn't have the meaness of a hearns or leonard", etc...

They're from the same state and both are great legends in the sport, why does he seem to have something aginst FLoyd?

maybe it has to do with Floyd calling him an uncle tom...more than once lol

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Training View Post
      maybe it has to do with Floyd calling him an uncle tom...more than once lol
      because of Stewards hate

Comment

He's a self loathing black man -Tunney

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
          Seriously, every fight he has something negative to say about Floyd and the way he fights. He always comments during fights how "he can't land anything after the right hand", "never puts any combinations toghter", "just trying to win on points, "doesn't have the meaness of a hearns or leonard", etc...

They're from the same state and both are great legends in the sport, why does he seem to have something aginst FLoyd?
          Steward said Floyd should give the people what they want and finish off Baldomir like a great fighter should.........LOL

That was some serious hate...Vernon forrest couldn't even finish off that guy.

Baldomir was a WW George Chuvalo...

Comment

It's not so much hate....its the fact that he dislikes Floyd's mentality as a fighter.

He doesn't like the fact he isn't willing to face the elite fighters and he doesn't like his safety first mentality in the ring.

Almost all of Stewards fighters were great finishers, who took on all comers and just had that fighters mentality. Not that I agree, but seeing the type of fighters Steward was around, and the era he is from....I can understand why he makes the comments he does about Floyd.

Comment

I never saw it as hate tbh... a lot his comments are very valid and I don't know why Floyd is so sensitive to it? I really believe something happened between them behind the scenes and not because of Stewart's commentary a lone. I mean I understand the hate towards Merchant but Emmanuel is very balanced when commentating a Floyd fight.

And Top Rank I'm pretty sure that's what you feel.. and you're using Emmanuel as a channel to voice that. Either that or you're over thinking the whole thing.
              Last edited by Phil Ivey; 12-23-2011, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                It's not so much hate....its the fact that he dislikes Floyd's mentality as a fighter.

He doesn't like the fact he isn't willing to face the elite fighters and he doesn't like his safety first mentality in the ring.

Almost all of Stewards fighters were great finishers, who took on all comers and just had that fighters mentality. Not that I agree, but seeing the type of fighters Steward was around, and the era he is from....I can understand why he makes the comments he does about Floyd.
                what do you mean fighters mentality? Floyd is the perfect example of a fighter. Floyd will die in the ring for a win because that's the only thing he knows. Floyd is THE TOUGHEST FIGHTER in boxing right now hands down. If you watch Floyd Mayweather and have followed his career you will know this.

Comment

mannys just keepin it real

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post

That can't be it...Floyd has never ducked an "elite" fighter or any fighter.

NONE of Steward's fighters can fight on the inside..

He didn't help Jermain Taylor....Cotto dumped him...

Manny Steward is overrated as they come.

Comment

Working...
                    X