Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Marquez, Who Will Manny Pacquiao Fight Next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Marquez, Who Will Manny Pacquiao Fight Next?

let's say pacquiao wins (betting odds are 4-1 pacquiao being the favorite), there seems to be few choices who possess attractive credentials to fight pacquiao who himself said plans to retire in the near future, probably by next year and plans to fight at least two more times after the 4th marquez fight before calling it quits.

1. brandon rios - could give pacquiao some trouble with his aggressive style but also an easy target for pacquiao because of his stationary stance and lack of footwork.

2. tim bradley - not likely since the WBO review committee ruled in favor of pacquiao and declared him the victor via UD but bradley still holds the belt (how weird is that). no point doing a rematch

3. adrien broner - the next big thing after the pacquiao-mayweather fallout. broner is considered a future p4p star and this would generate massive revenue. al haymon, broner's adviser might just pull some strings to make this happen

4. miguel cotto - the first fight was an action packed block buster and the rematch should be the same. make sense revenue wise, that is if cotto beats trout

5. winner of alexander-brook - this would be for the IBF ww belt and an opputurnity for pacquiao to fight up and comers in the division

i was also thinking martinez or canelo. not gonna happen unless they accept a 150 lbs limit which is next to impossible.

your thoughts?

What's Pacquiao rehydrating to on fight night these days?

Comment

Bradley is out the question, I'd love a rematch so Pac could right the wrongs but if he really wanted that fight, it would have happened now. Adrien Broner is too small (135) and too young to get into the ring with Pac. Noway are his promotional team going to lose their future star this early. Miguel Cotto got battered the first time, as a fan I wouldn't like to see him hurt yet again. Brook/Alexander, neither of them have the drawing power in the US to justify a fight, although I think, if Brook wins the IBF belt, he is the most deserving. Also, Hearns will have a huge British star in his hand and won't want to risk losing the cash cow.

So that leaves Rios, not a huge star in the US but he can draw and has a style Pacquiao would appreciate. At this stage in his career, Rios is the perfect opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        What's Pacquiao rehydrating to on fight night these days?
        the most was during the bradley fight, pacquiao hit the ww limit, 147. lost a quarter pound on fight night

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
          the most was during the bradley fight, pacquiao hit the ww limit, 147. lost a quarter pound on fight night
          Really? He was 148.5 against De La Hoya four years ago.

Comment

he's gonna retire after the piss drinker fight
            win or lose, what fight he's got left in him will be spent in that fight
            his heart left boxing a while ago, now his body is almost shot too
            Pac's a politician and pseudo evangelist now, not a fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
              Bradley is out the question, I'd love a rematch so Pac could right the wrongs but if he really wanted that fight, it would have happened now. Adrien Broner is too small (135) and too young to get into the ring with Pac. Noway are his promotional team going to lose their future star this early. Miguel Cotto got battered the first time, as a fan I wouldn't like to see him hurt yet again. Brook/Alexander, neither of them have the drawing power in the US to justify a fight, although I think, if Brook wins the IBF belt, he is the most deserving. Also, Hearns will have a huge British star in his hand and won't want to risk losing the cash cow.

So that leaves Rios, not a huge star in the US but he can draw and has a style Pacquiao would appreciate. At this stage in his career, Rios is the perfect opponent.
              i would have preferred rios fight matthysse first. GB made a good proposal to arum about the donaire-mare & rios-matthysse double deal. that's out of the box thinking. another match up bradley-guerrero. the winner can then fight pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                he's gonna retire after the piss drinker fight
                win or lose, what fight he's got left in him will be spent in that fight
                his heart left boxing a while ago, now his body is almost shot too
                Pac's a politician and pseudo evangelist now, not a fighter
                after seeing the hatton fight, some tend to lose hope. there's a fine line between reality and being delusional. pacquiao has every thing on the line, same with marquez. but most can tell the difference between hype and reality, a lot's at stake for this 4th (and hopefully final) encounter. pacquiao has everything to lose but marquez has tons to gain

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  Really? He was 148.5 against De La Hoya four years ago.
                  even during the margarito fight, pacquiao was only 146-ish. so 147 is pretty much the limit

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                    let's say pacquiao wins (betting odds are 4-1 pacquiao being the favorite), there seems to be few choices who possess attractive credentials to fight pacquiao who himself said plans to retire in the near future, probably by next year and plans to fight at least two more times after the 4th marquez fight before calling it quits.

1. brandon rios - could give pacquiao some trouble with his aggressive style but also an easy target for pacquiao because of his stationary stance and lack of footwork.

2. tim bradley - not likely since the WBO review committee ruled in favor of pacquiao and declared him the victor via UD but bradley still holds the belt (how weird is that). no point doing a rematch

3. adrien broner - the next big thing after the pacquiao-mayweather fallout. broner is considered a future p4p star and this would generate massive revenue. al haymon, broner's adviser might just pull some strings to make this happen

4. miguel cotto - the first fight was an action packed block buster and the rematch should be the same. make sense revenue wise, that is if cotto beats trout

5. winner of alexander-brook - this would be for the IBF ww belt and an opputurnity for pacquiao to fight up and comers in the division

i was also thinking martinez or canelo. not gonna happen unless they accept a 150 lbs limit which is next to impossible.

your thoughts?
                    Well I think its reasonable to expect some 140lb fighters to move up in weight to fight Manny Pacquiao...
                    Danny Garcia possibly?
                    Any Manny Pacquiao fight will draw big numbers but this one would be very very good to watch.
                    Don't want to see Pacman fight any catchweights.

Comment

Working...
                    X