Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Lampley: Overwhelming Majority Saw Golovkin Win, Twice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: HBO's Lampley: Overwhelming Majority Saw Golovkin Win, Twice

During a recent edition of The Fight Game, HBO broadcast analyst Jim Lampley gave his thoughts on last week's rematch between Gennady Golovkin and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. After twelve fierce rounds of action, Canelo walked away with a twelve round majority decision win at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Golovkin suffered his first career defeat and lost his WBC, WBA, IBO middleweight titles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

lol Incoming salty comments

Comment

GGG should just fight murata and retire. He's already a first ballot HOF and ATG

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
        lol Incoming salty comments
        My body is ready.

Comment

This is insane. How can one call a fight that was THAT close a robbery. It was a close fight in a sport where JUDGING is subjective. He lost by 1 round on 2 cards. You don’t agree w the decision ? Ok. Fine. You call it a robbery and ignore the outcome to create your own narrative? That’s a bit much.

Pacquiao Bradley I was a robbery. Alexander v Matthysse was a robbery. He’ll, I can even ride w Golovkin Canelo I being a robbery.

This was simply a close fight which I think Canelo CLEARLY won. He won the rematch in the same fashion that GGG won the first fight. Coming forward and pushing the pace. He came to the press conference w no shades on. ggg had his Versace’s on deck. ggg lost. It’s cool. It was a great fight and he’s still a great fighter. Let’s move on.

Comment

It's an interesting dynamic when people believe being in the minority on an issue makes them part of some sort of elite group that's more knowledgeable than the masses. That's what happens on nsb..."the majority of boxing fans, who watch and score fights just as I do, dksab".

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
              GGG should just fight murata and retire. He's already a first ballot HOF and ATG
              He is a Hall of famer of course, but he is not an ATG

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                This is insane. How can one call a fight that was THAT close a robbery. It was a close fight in a sport where JUDGING is subjective. He lost by 1 round on 2 cards. You don’t agree w the decision ? Ok. Fine. You call it a robbery and ignore the outcome to create your own narrative? That’s a bit much.

Pacquiao Bradley I was a robbery. Alexander v Matthysse was a robbery. He’ll, I can even ride w Golovkin Canelo I being a robbery.

This was simply a close fight which I think Canelo CLEARLY won. He won the rematch in the same fashion that GGG won the first fight. Coming forward and pushing the pace. He came to the press conference w no shades on. ggg had his Versace’s on deck. ggg lost. It’s cool. It was a great fight and he’s still a great fighter. Let’s move on.
                But wait, if a fight is that close, how can one guy CLEARLY win as you say? Isn't that similar to people calling it a robbery the other way?

Comment

WTF was that diatribe of ****...i have no issue with him saying majority of boxing fans thought Golovkin won. Sure. Comparing Golovkin to Ali? Stop it. Just stop it.

Comment

The polls on here, press row, most boxers not Mexican, polls on Instagram, etc., all have GGG winning both fights clearly. Not that it matters. It's over and done and history will just say SD Canelo. I honestly feel kind of bad for Canelo in all of this. He fought MUCH better and stood his ground in the rematch. He fought like he had something to prove and went right at GGG. He deserves credit for that and respect. Still though, most people in every poll don't believe it was enough to take the belt from the champ.

Comment

Working...
                    X