No announcement yet.

PSA : I've resigned as a staff member

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA : I've resigned as a staff member

Ugh. I've had enough of this bull**** already. Over the years I've obviously come to love this community, so when I was presented the option of becoming a staff member I jumped at the opportunity, I even thought that it'd be "fun" - I figured that since I was here almost daily it would help to have an active poster on the staff, someone you guys could interact with daily who valued your opinions on site management issues and whatnot. As it turns out, it was never really "fun" at all, so I've decided to voluntarily step away from the staffing side of things around here. Why?

I'm tired of my inbox being cluttered on a daily basis with messages from halfwits pissing and moaning about some guy in NSB who hurt their feelings or offended their delicate sensibilities.

I'm tired of getting an e-mail every time that a fan of one fight falsely files a report on the post of a user who is a fan of a different fighter (Floyd/Pacquiao fans engage in this behavior on a daily basis).

I'm tired of getting an e-mail every time a debate between a Mexican and Puerto Rican ends with one of them falsely reporting the other for "racism."

I'm tired of being at odds with other staff members regarding leniency for habitual offenders, what constitutes as post-worthy material, and other issues regarding forum management.

Several weeks ago I messaged BPP and tendered my resignation from the staff here at boxingscene. Since then, he's stripped me of most of my powers but has failed to remove me from the staff list - If you look at the bottom of the lounge you'll see that I'm still credited with being the moderator here despite the fact that I haven't even logged in since I sent him that message. So today for the first time in weeks I log in hoping to see that I'd gotten my wish, only to discover multiple new messages from users with hurt feelings because someone disagreed with them.

I'm posting this to let you all know that I'm not a mod anymore. Stop messaging me to act as a mediator for your f*ggoty little disputes with other users. Stop messaging me to delete whatever dumb **** you posted when you were drunk that you now regret having posted.

I just want to go back to being a regular user again - You infantile pricks will have to find somebody else to hold your hand from here on out because now that I'm no longer affiliated with the staff I can speak as freely as I please.

Regards.

Rockin's gonna have a field day.

Comment

In my last official act as a moderator I've stickied this thread in the hopes that more people will read it.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
        Rockin's gonna have a field day.
        He always has a field day in here. Should've been perma-banned a long time ago, IMO.

Comment

Just so you know bro, you were always my favorite emo!

Comment

Good.

I preferred you when you weren't a mod.

Welcome back.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
              Good.

I preferred you when you weren't a mod.

Welcome back.
              I prefer not being a mod as well. It's too laborious.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                I prefer not being a mod as well. It's too laborious.
                I can only imagine.

Now we need Reed to step down aswell, he took a turn for the worse aswell but I think he likes the "power."

Boston was and still is cool.

Either way, great to have you back bro.. Hope you enjoy this place more now!
                Do you guys get paid btw?

Comment

Fuck it shit happens, you can be your normal self again

Comment

lol! I been asked several times to be a job steward in my 18 years as an ironworker but always refused because I didn't want to hear people cry & whine about stuff. on one job a few years back I was temporary steward for 3 days. the superintendant yelled at a few French guys & they approached me & refused to go back to work until they got an apology. i'm like WTF? really an apology? this super was one of the craziest f**ks I ever heard of & was an old school hard ass screamer who started in the early 70s. I looked at these French guys & told them are you serious? they were pretty lazy guys & none of them could climb so they were not exactly important hands on the job. onr guy was even in the military for years. they stuck to their guns & wanted me to pass the message to the super. I told the super not to shoot the messenger & told them what the crew wanted. he almost blew a gasket & said they either get back to work or he would fire them... all of them took their ball & went home. they all quit... same sort of crap I bet you have here with all the little internet cry babies... f**king panzies!

Comment

Working...
                    X