Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whhy did Canelo fight floyd so young but wouldnt fight GGG till he got old(er)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whhy did Canelo fight floyd so young but wouldnt fight GGG till he got old(er)

did GB see GGG back then as too big a threat then?
    if so, why take the floyd fight though?

or did ggg "need to build his profile more" excuse?

i had GGG winning both fights, so what would of happened if they fought a few years earlier?
    the biggest robbery of ALL TIME??

Floyd gave him a boxing lesson , GGG would have tried to punch young Canelos head off his shoulders . A points loss to Floyd doesnt harm the career the same way a brutal KO by GGG would have , also the financial reward of fighting Floyd would dwarf anything he would have made off GGG at the time

Comment

Canelo took the Mayweather fight because Mayweather presented it to him and when the biggest name in the sport gives you a opportunity, you take it, If not you don’t know if or when you’ll get another shot at the man, You don’t say let me gain a couple more years of experience . Canelo believes he’s a ATG so even though he was young he believed that he’d beat a smaller 36 year old Mayweather.

The Canelo fought him too young thing is such a cop out. Many ATG fighters fought the so called man at a early age and won. Canelo just wasn’t or never would be good enough to beat Mayweather

With the Golovkin fight Canelo was now the cash cow of the sport and in the drivers seat , while there’s no doubt Canelo would have fought Golovkin right away his team made the decision for him to wait a couple years and let Golovkin age like every fighter does and show signs of slippage before making the fight because he was such a dangerous opponent, which they could do since Canelo was A side and only getting better with age and reaching his prime . After the Brook and Jacobs fight they believed Golovkin had aged enough and give Canelo his best chance to win so they made the fight.

Being the A side allows you to dictate when the fight gets made and make it the A sides advantage. It’s part of the sport

I like most people Still think even though Canelos team waited to get a advantage he still lost both fights. But Canelo gets scored differently from everyone else always to his advantage so you know he got a undeserved Draw and a undeserved Win

Comment

Originally posted by adamt View Post

i had GGG winning both fights, so what would of happened if they fought a few years earlier?
        neither fighter was willing to budge in weight from 154-155 to 160...
        canelo made concessions for floyd cuz he was the much bigger name, he also made concessions for cotto, he has done concession as the b side on money weight, etc... doesnt seem like ggg was willing to do the same...
        by the way gggs team rejected a lara fight cuz he needed to build his profile, then fought the great willie monroe...

Comment

all about the benjamins, son

Comment

The real question is what happened to Mr 154 or 168? That's what delayed the canelo/GGG fight from happening 1 year earlier. GGG refused to go down in weight. Even though for 5 years he said he would go down or up for big fights. Ducked Ward fight refusing to go up to 168 demanding a catch weight saying I'm the A side so he has to come to my weight demands then months later when a real A side came he refused a catchweight or to go down a single pound to fight Canelo so he had to wait for Canelo to move up to 160 a weight he never fought at in amateur or pros.

GGG is a hypocrite and fraud. Just like Mexican Style? Remember that remember all the crying after the first fight saying he looked bad and was missing because Canelo wouldn't fight me Mexican Style? So Canelo gave him Mexican Style in the rematch but it was GGG who backed away and wanted to jab while his trainer yelled at him stop running away and fight him. Got his face broken, all his excuses shattered, his belts and balls taken from him by Canelo LMAO

Last edited by bigdunny1; 02-01-2019, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Why can’t there just be a master canelo hate thread so we can quarantine some of you guys and we dont see it on the news feed. :/

It’s like a mass of bitter ex girlfriends half the time. Some have criticism and arent haters and articulate their points. The others are the usual suspects.

Make a Canelo hate lounge along with a Floyd one with sub threads for Ward, “little g”, and AJ.

Comment

Because to get Floyd to agree to fight is hard at best of times.
                Nel o wasn't in prime and not at best with cw, but I'm sure he thought he could beat floyd.
                When your young your fearless. But he'd beat floyd now if Floyd was 36 and Nell 29.

Ggg would have beat Nell easier if they'd have fought 2 years earlier. Ggg has slowed visibly
                Last edited by hugh grant; 02-01-2019, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Hilarious. All I heard from BBB side groupies was tha he was going to fight into his 40’s and be like Bhop. Look at how he takes care of themselves they said. He started boxing later than a lot of people they said.
                  Second he signs to fight Canelo he suddenly was an old washed up fighter and Canelo waited until he was slipping.
                  Face it, BBB side is what he is. He’ll look great against tomatoe cans but isn’t a killer against top competion.
                  Why didn’t BBB side decapitate Canelo like many predicted for years?

Comment

Originally posted by adamt View Post

Nobody knew Triple L & became an over night hype job. He lost to Jacobs & Nelo twice. Don't kid yourself.

Comment

Working...
                    X