No announcement yet.

Boxing gyms in Sydney (City area)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing gyms in Sydney (City area)

I've been thinking about a transition from Muay Thai to Boxing, working in the city, I am currently training at Boxing Works, which mainly is cardio based, but I do learn a bit of moving inside, which is valuable. I find that I am more comfortable with my hands than kicking (though I guess I need more practise).

I am trying to find a good boxing gym that trains people for amateur fights, the PCYCs out in the city (and even Burwood) have trainers from 4:30, Burwood has one at 5:30, which is OK for me at the moment as I finish work at 4:30, but I am worried that should I change work or times I won't be able to make it to training.

Does anyone train at the gym in Redfern? I would love to, but the whole idea of it being in the Block scares me... say what you want, I want to go to training safe and get home safe hahaha.

Any other boxing gyms out in the city or Inner west area?

If you want to learn how to box don't go to burwood....the trainer there is pathetic.

Comment

Thank god I read this one, I was about to go to Burwood...

You have any suggestions? Should I go to Redfern?

Comment

My mate does boxing in Alice St in Newtown, But not sure if it's dedicated to boxing or not.

Comment

Yeah I would advise redfern. Better facility, access to sparring spartners and coaches. Closer to the city and the area is safe now.

Im not too sure about other gym's around the city i know that Sydney Uni has a facility and some local amateur fighters for sparring.

If your serious about boxing you really have to travel to find decent coaching these days. I'm from the inner west and I drive about an hour out west to get my coach and his facilities.

Comment

How does a traditional boxing gym work, I know with Kickboxing, its always pay and you attend a class... but what about a boxing gym? Do I need to talk to a trainer first as I don't think its class based.

Comment

Working...
            X