No announcement yet.

Best round you've ever seen...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best round you've ever seen...

As usual, I was browsing youtube and I re-watched the 10th round of Amir Khan/Maidana and was amazed at how dramatic that round was. Sure, it was a 10-8 round but the crowd was up on their feet because they were either cheering for Maidana for the beatdown he put on Khan, and the Khan fans were cheering the fact that Khan never went down despite all those sledgehammer shots he took.

So, I got to thinking, which have been the most exciting rounds you've ever seen?

Keep in mind that we're not doing fights, but instead individual rounds. A fight can be a fight of the year, but not have a particular round worthy of round of the year. Likewise, a boring, predictable fight can sometimes have a shining moment where the crowd comes alive before slipping back into predictability again.

Some obvious ones to get started:

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
    As usual, I was browsing youtube and I re-watched the 10th round of Amir Khan/Maidana and was amazed at how dramatic that round was. Sure, it was a 10-8 round but the crowd was up on their feet because they were either cheering for Maidana for the beatdown he put on Khan, and the Khan fans were cheering the fact that Khan never went down despite all those sledgehammer shots he took.

So, I got to thinking, which have been the most exciting rounds you've ever seen?

Keep in mind that we're not doing fights, but instead individual rounds. A fight can be a fight of the year, but not have a particular round worthy of round of the year. Likewise, a boring, predictable fight can sometimes have a shining moment where the crowd comes alive before slipping back into predictability again.

Some obvious ones to get started:

Tony De Marco's BIGGEST Round in two fights with Basilio..... I think it was either the 3rd, 4th, or 5th.................................... just awesome, no knockdowns, but when you see it, that's what makes it incredible.

Comment

Holyfield vs Bowe round 10 in the first fight because Holyfield was starting to come back from that beating.

Comment

Vazquez-Marquez III, round 12. Very close fight, and Vazquez scored the knockdown to seal the victory.

Comment

the obvious answer is Hagler/Hearns rd 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

I don't know if it is one of the best rounds ever but round 11 1971 Frazier vs Ali, was heart in mouth stuff. Easily the closest Ali ever came to being stopped. Frazier seemed one punch off a knockout with Ali jelly legged falling round the ring.

Referees have stopped fights for less.

A strange contrast would be Naseem Hamed vs Jose Badillo. Hamed's showboating and antics were so crazy (his boxing wasn't bad either), that the official mistakenly ended the round one minute early.

Comment

Demarco-Linares round 11.

But in full disclosure I have a very short term memory.

Comment

Hagler - Hearns round 1
                Vazquez - Avelar round 5
                Corrales - Castiloo round 10
                Eubank - Watson round 11

Comment

first thing that came to mind

Comment

A draw....

Round 4 of George Foreman vs Ron Lyle.

Round 1 of Gerald McClelland vs Nigel Benn

Comment