No announcement yet.

wrist pain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrist pain

i think it is because of my work, having to bang bags of frozen food with my hands to flatten it but my wrists hurt a lot when i punch. i am new and have not found a club yet, so i train at home, mainly in target mitts. is there anything that could prevent this, like any wrist exercises??? or shud i wrap my hands better? if anyone knows how to improve anything for me please help

-hit with a twist (you may be hitting on the side of the wrist thus twisting the wrist, instead of getting full contact)
    -wrap your hands better (at work, too)
    -or simply get bag gloves to use at work too (the wristwrap bag or boxing bag gloves)

just a couple of suggestions...

Comment

thanks for the advice i will try it. does anyone know how to wrap cos atm i jus do wot feels most supportive around the wrist and it feels ok but if it is professionally done it will obviously work better

Comment

Originally posted by boxstarr
        i think it is because of my work, having to bang bags of frozen food with my hands to flatten it but my wrists hurt a lot when i punch. i am new and have not found a club yet, so i train at home, mainly in target mitts. is there anything that could prevent this, like any wrist exercises??? or shud i wrap my hands better? if anyone knows how to improve anything for me please help
        is that what they call it now?
        ive only hear dit been called given hand jobs
        but man
        people CUM up wit some clever ****

Comment

wrap your hands better, do some strenght trainig on forearms too.

Comment

Oook ... wat kind of response was that but neway.

Best thing to do is to wrap ur hands BOXSTARR - ESTHARR.

No but seriously does ne1 know how to wrap hands properly. possibly provide a link to a site which shows u??

Appreciate any help.

"wear bag gloves at work" .. lol, then they think that ur boxing the DEAD chicken. mite get a bit concerned? only jkin lol

Comment

Originally posted by Abdiel_the_rippuh
              is that what they call it now?
              ive only hear dit been called given hand jobs
              but man
              people CUM up wit some clever ****
              as soon as i saw wrist pain, as the topic i knew that someone clever so and so would make that or a similar immature statement. i'm just sad you beat me to it

Comment

Is it not just baby wrists. Everyone gets them when they start on the heavybag. It just goes away after a few weeks maximum.

Comment

it is because i have to flatten it to put it in freezer. i think ligaments are breaking up. but seriously as i dont have a club advice on wrpping wud b welcum

Comment

http://www.boxinggyms.com/tips/handwraps.htm
                    fine heres a helpful link

couple diff methods to wrap ur hands

Comment

Working...
                    X