No announcement yet.

Buchanan deserved it!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buchanan deserved it!!!!

ken deserved it. i always thought that it was duran just being dirty, but ken hit him after the bell, i would have done the same, and it looks like the ref might have pushed duran's punch downward when he came in.

Well whilst I agree if you hit after the bell its kind of gloves off, think Buchanan had been hit after the bell etc etc during the fight so decided to get one in for them team. Shame really because I think the contravesy overshadowed a great performance from Duran.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
      Well whilst I agree if you hit after the bell its kind of gloves off, think Buchanan had been hit after the bell etc etc during the fight so decided to get one in for them team. Shame really because I think the contravesy overshadowed a great performance from Duran.
      I think Buchanan should have been given time to recover,the refs comments that with the protector on a boxer couldn't be hurt was patrhetic..and that was THE LIGHTWEIGHT PROTECTOR in the 70's!

Comment

Interesting that Roberto Duran said Buchanan was his toughest ever opponent. And let's be honest - he fought plenty of tough guys himself.

Sad to hear that Buchanan is thinking of making a comeback age 63 because he needs the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
          Interesting that Roberto Duran said Buchanan was his toughest ever opponent. And let's be honest - he fought plenty of tough guys himself.

Sad to hear that Buchanan is thinking of making a comeback age 63 because he needs the money.
          Yeah I heard that too, very sad. He'd never get a license to box in Britain, so he's going to take part in white collar boxing. There must surely be something else he can do for money rather than be an OAP getting his brains bashed in. They could do worse than employ him as a pundit or newspaper columnist. He'd probably offer more worthwhile analysis than some of those currently at it.

Comment

Working...
          X